The Human Resources Benefits Manager is responsible for the oversight of the University's benefit plans Duties include coordination of the total disability management, data management and regulatory compliance. Knowledge of applicable laws, including ERISA, ADA and FMLA is required. Accuracy with details is essential and confidentiality is vital in this position.• Administer employee benefit plans such as medical, dental, life insurance, disability coverages, retirement plans, as well as voluntary employee plans.
• Oversee daily administration of the University's benefit plans, including enrollment and communications with vendors and employees.
• Manage vendor payments by auditing bills for accuracy and submitting request for payments to ensure timely payment.
• Conduct benefit orientations for all new employees
• Establishes and maintains accurate records for all employees.
• Provides ongoing relationships with brokers and vendors to ensure timely completion of enrollments, timely and accurate transmission of data and scheduled tasks including open enrollment.
• Familiarity with laws and regulations governing benefit plans including the tax incentives associated with some plans. Responsible for plan compliance, including ACA, HIPAA and COBRA.
• Affordable Care Act – tracking of FTE's for all employees, coordinating reporting with insurance carriers, benefit tracking and administration.
• Support the finance department during annual plan audits and tax filings by providing appropriate documentation and timely responses to questions.
• Administer the University's total disability programs. Toinclude:
o Ensuring FLMA process is followed by ensuring employees receive appropriate paperwork, appropriate documents are received from the employee, tracking time away from work to ensure employees are paid appropriately and accurate records are maintained.
o Maintaining communication with employee, employee's supervisor throughout the leave process.
o Ensuring claims for short and long term disability are processed timely and in coordination with payroll.
o Ensuring FMLA and ADA laws and regulations are followed.
• Administer the University's worker's compensation program. To include:
o Working with supervisors to ensure accident reports are completed.
o Scheduling employees to be seen at the University's preferred provider if necessary.
o Working with insurance carrier for claims processing.
o File lost time claims as required by law.
o Record OSHA recordable accidents as required.
• Maintains benefit plans in accordance with regulatory requirements. This includes maintenance of plan documents, vendor contracts and agreements.
• Leads major benefits projects, including the annual open enrollment, benefit meet and greet, as well as appropriate lunch and learns.
• Actively participates in Safety Committee and works collaboratively as the safety liaison for the Human Resources department.
• Assists in policy development and documentation.
• Assists employees with claim resolutions, interpreting policies, and other customer service related functions.
• Maintains vendor relationships. Assists with contract administration, faculty/staff payment memorandums, and independent contracts.
• Assists with organizational communications and events.
• Regular and punctual attendance.
• Works effectively with others to successfully accomplish the departmental and University goals, adherence to University policies and other related duties and assignments as required.
• Supervises the Director of Wellness to expand the wellness program as well as target initiatives for illnesses we know exist in our population and provide monthly participation reports to provide data on the effectiveness of the wellness events, and work on programs a semester in advance with programs communicated in advance,
• Expanding disability management to include safety initiatives in order to ensure compliance with OSHA regulations, reduce worker's comp costs and employee injuries, and ultimately bring a higher awareness to the campus about safety and its importance.
Bachelor's degree required. Experience in Human Resources required. Preferably with at least two years concentration in benefit management. Experience in managing health, life, disability, worker's compensation and retirement plans is preferred. Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, with advanced skills in Excel. Experience with human resource information systems a plus. Communication skills that include the capacity to explain complicated benefits issues in an easily understood manner. Ability to communicate well with all constituents and to maintain confidentiality with sensitive employee information and details of Human Resources initiatives and priorities.