Wayne State College, in partnership with the national search firm of Scott Healy & Associates, is seeking applications and nominations for the position of Registrar. The Registrar will provide leadership to foster a service-oriented culture to help students and faculty alike while reporting to the Vice President for Academic Affairs. The Registrar will plan, organize, and manage all the activities related to the Records and Registration Office. The Registrar will serve as the official authorized keeper of the College’s student records and provide leadership for continual enhancement of processes, services, support, and a proactive service-minded culture and organization.
Wayne State College and the Greater Wayne, NE Community:
Wayne State College is one of the most dynamic, regional public colleges in the Midwest, located in Northeast Nebraska, close to Sioux City, Iowa, and within a two-hour drive to Sioux Falls, Omaha and Lincoln. With a student population of 3,500, the college is a focal point and catalyst in Northeast Nebraska, not only for education but also for community and economic development, the arts, and cultural activity. Strong leadership, steady enrollment, a focus on student development and teaching, and several recently completed building projects attest to the College’s vitality. Wayne State College offers more than 90 undergraduate majors and minors and three graduate degrees, preparing students for careers in health professions, business, education, the arts, industrial technology, and sport management. Wayne State College is a collective-bargaining institution.
Wayne, Nebraska, combines the best in modern living with traditional American
values. This neighborly region possesses a healthy progressive spirit and open friendliness, nestled in one of the most scenic spots in all of Nebraska. Residents describe this part of northeast Nebraska as an easygoing place to live, work and play.
Quiet neighborhoods surrounded by beautiful rural vistas make up a large part of the area and residents have daily access to the great outdoors. Excellent public and private schools provide the best education for all students. Wayne is dynamic and vibrant, with steady commercial growth and thoughtful planning by civic leaders and it is located just close enough to larger cities to take part in the excitement of city life. It's also removed enough to let you spend quiet evenings relaxing at home.
Primary Areas of Responsibility of the Registrar: (include but are not limited to the following):
- Provide leadership to foster a friendly, service-oriented organizational culture
- Oversee the daily operation of the Records and Registration Office
- Provide leadership in the development of new and improved business practices
- Work collaboratively with technology staff and other areas bringing about improved business practices
- Maintain continuous system testing while improving and updating the functionality of the Student Information System (SIS) – currently PeopleSoft
- Collaborate with administrators, deans, faculty, IT, and counselors to facilitate and improve services to students
- Perform all duties of the VA Certifying Official to include oversight of enrollment certification, maintain and keep current all documents for compliance visits, report academic standing/graduation for students on the GI Bill, and evaluate and award all military credits
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred
The ideal candidate should also possess:
- 8 years leadership experience in the student records and/or registration area
- Proven ability to foster a friendly, service-oriented culture
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to positively interact with students, faculty and staff
- Attention to detail and a demonstrated commitment to a high level of customer service
- Knowledge of state and federal academic records regulations
- Experience with a modern SIS environment (i.e. PeopleSoft, Banner, or other)
Application and Nomination Process:
Wayne State College has partnered with the national search firm of Scott Healy & Associates to oversee and manage the search for the position of Registrar. Dr. Scott F. Healy, President of Scott Healy & Associates is the contact person for all aspects of this search.
Applications and nominations for the position of Registrar should be sent to Dr. Healy at email@example.com. All candidates will provide the following:
- A cover letter outlining your background in the areas of student accounts and registration. Please be specific to cover within your cover letter, your experiences in the Primary Areas of Responsibility listed above.
- A full, complete, and up-to-date resume.
- A list of five (5) professional references, your relationship to each, and their direct phone number and current email address. Please note that no reference will be contacted without written permission from the candidate.
Applications submitted by March 30, 2018, will receive priority consideration. The search will remain open until the position is filled.
The Nebraska State Colleges are equal opportunity institutions and do not discriminate against any student, employee, or applicant on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, religion, or age in employment and education opportunities. Each College has designated an individual to coordinate the Colleges’ non-discrimination efforts to comply with regulations implementing Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act. Inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies and practices may be directed to the Compliance Coordinators assigned at each College and identified on each College website. This position is subject to Veterans Preference.