Founding Director and Associate Professor/Professor - Physician Assistant Program
The University of Mary Hardin-Baylor’s Master of Science in Physician Assistant Program is seeking a full-time Program Director. This is a year-round (12-month), tenure-track position. Preferred start date is June 1, 2018. The first cohort of students is expected to be admitted in January 2020.
UMHB seeks faculty who are active Christians and dedicated teacher-scholars to prepare students for leadership, service, and faith-informed discernment in a global society.
UMHB is conveniently located in Belton, an historic town of over 20,000 in the heart of Central Texas. Excellent schools, abundant cultural and recreational opportunities, and a high quality of life are hallmarks of the local community.
Responsibilities: The Program Director’s duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Effective leadership and management with careful attention to all aspects of the program and finances to assure a solid operational foundation;
- Manage day to day operations of the PA program in accordance with the ARC-PA standards;
- Recruit, supervise, evaluate and manage department faculty and support staff;
- Develop curriculum and program(s); improve and maintain program standards to ensure accreditation compliance;
- Strong oral and written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team;
- Analyze and proactively solve problems;
- Engage in service to the department, school, and University
- Attend required convocations, meetings, commencement, academic rewards ceremonies;
- Design and evaluate didactic and clinical curriculum to ensure expected competencies are met; and
- May perform other related duties as assigned.
- A Master’s degree in Physician Assistant studies from an ARC-PA accredited program;
- Current NCCPA certification and hold or be eligible for Physician Assistant licensure in the State of Texas;
- Experience in a higher education setting, in an accredited PA program.
- Administrative experience in a PA program or other related environment, to include supervision and participation in accreditation processes;
- Experience in innovative incorporation of technology into curriculum design; and
- A sustained scholarly record in research and education.
- Excellent teaching and communication skills, a dedication to professional attainment, and commitment to quality improvement are essential.
- Must be an active, and committed Christian.
- A Doctorate (Ph.D. or equivalent) in a related field;
- Prior experience teaching in an accredited Physician Assistant program;
- Prior experience in leadership of a Physician Assistant program;
- Budget and resource management, continuous review and analysis, planning, and program development.
Salaries & Benefits: Competitive salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits including medical and dental insurance, retirement plan with match and UMHB tuition benefits for employees and their dependents.
TO APPLY: Visit www.hr.umhb.edu/careers for more details and to apply. Please submit a cover letter, CV, transcript copies and evidence of quality teaching performance with your online application. Your letter of interest should also respond to UMHB’s mission and values, found at http://about.umhb.edu/our-mission. In addition, include in one page or less, a description of your own Christian beliefs and commitments. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.