Accounting Technician - Accounts Payable
The salary minimum for this position is $30,472.00 annually (paid on an hourly basis) Compensation is commensurate with education and experience.
Accounting Technician - Accounts Payable
Aims Community College at a Glance:
Aims Community College, locally governed, locally funded, is a debt-free and progressive community college with centralized administrative services located on the Greeley Campus, which supports three additional locations. Situated on the front range of the Colorado Rockies, and enjoying 300+ days of sunshine a year, Aims Community College is student success oriented and prepares students for success in more than 200 degree and certificate programs. You are not just a number here at Aims Community College, our wonderful Staff, Faculty, and Administration work as a team to ensure excellent service and offer the most affordable tuition in the front range.
Purpose: Build a Stronger Community
Vision: First Choice - The Recognized Leader in Learning and Student Success
Mission: Provide knowledge and skills to advance quality of life, economic vitality, and overall success of the diverse communities we serve.
2018-2023 Strategic Directions:
Empower Students to Succeed
Enhance Operational Performance
Enrich Northern Colorado Economic Development
Under general supervision, perform a variety of routine accounting duties in accordance with standard accounting procedures. Check and verify completeness and accuracy of information for data entry; review submitted documents for accuracy and/or correctness; perform data entry. Reconcile cash drawer and/or documents submitted and/or generated for processing.
Serve as resource to employees and customers; provide information and assist with resolution of problems. Code regular entries for distribution to accounts. Prepare journal entries; audit disbursement vouchers, debit and credit memos and so forth. Check, post and reconcile special account records; assist with trial balance and preparation of statements and reports.
This position is responsible for Accounts Payable with duties and responsibilities to include:
1) Process accounts payable invoices for payment.
2) Set up new vendor accounts: verify W-9 and compliance with sam.gov.
3) Confirm accuracy of co-technician's processed checks and weekly disbursement.
4) Respond to vendor and department inquiries.
5) Scan/file AP documents and journal vouchers. Manage filing system.
6) Track and verify 1099's quarterly.
7) Research and check details of expense transfers. Initiate journal voucher.
8) Sort and distribute daily incoming mail to department personnel.
9) Record and maintain daily log of incoming checks.
10) Maintain inventory and ordering of office supplies as needed.
11) Process office equipment repair requests.
12) Update and create electronic files of AP procedures.
13) Provide backup for co-technician when necessary.
14) Provide backup for monthly sales tax returns.
15) Audit P-card statements.
16) Track Purchase Orders.
17) Maintain Colorado Payback records.
18) Issue/process stop payments/voids.
19) Other duties as assigned by AP Manager.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a part/full-time basis.
1) Associate Degree in Accounting or Business Plus one (1) year of experience processing accounts payable and/or equivalent combination of education or experience.
2) Computer literate and proficient with Microsoft Windows, Excel, and Word.
3) Ability to work independently with minimum supervision as well as a team member.
4) Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
5) Experience with computerized accounting systems.
1) Experience with Banner database.
2) Background in higher education, government, and/or non-profit accounting.
3) Two years of AP experience.
8:00am to 5:00pm Monday-Friday
Special Instructions to Applicants
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION
• The Application is the only document that will be utilized to determine if minimum qualifications, as outlined in the job posting, have been met. The Application is considered to be the legal document on file; resumes will not be reviewed for minimum qualification requirements.
• Clearly document job duties performed that relate to responsibilities, qualifications, and essential job duties in the "Work Experience" section on the application. We must be able to evaluate your experience based on this information.
• Clearly outline dates of employment and hours worked per week or credit hours worked per term for each employment experience listed in the Work Experience section of the Application so that we can calculate full-time experience.
• If an Application is considered "Incomplete", the application will be removed from consideration for the position.
• An Application is incomplete if no current/ previous employment is included in the Work Experience section of the Application.
• An Application is incomplete if "see resume" (or something similar) is noted, or previous employment does not contain job duties for every position in the Work Experience section of the Application.
• When a resume is listed as a required document, it may be used in the comparative analysis/ evaluation process to determine the candidates that most closely meet the qualifications of the position. This process occurs after an application has passed the minimum qualifications screening. **Please see the "Required Documents" section of the posting.
• Resumes will not be accepted in place of a complete application; however, resumes may still be required as a component of complete application materials.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice: Aims Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination based on age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status or disability. The goal of Aims is to enhance the diversity present in the district we serve. To comply with Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, if hired you will be required to provide documents within 3 days of hire date to show your identity and your authorization to work. This law applies to all persons hired.
Screening/Selection: All applicants may apply on line at jobs.aims.edu. If you need assistance with this process please contact Human Resources.
Initial screening will be conducted by a committee based on completed application materials.
Please be prepared to submit the following if required:
• Cover Letter addressing qualifications relative to position requirements,
• Diversity Statement (your personal statement on diversity),
• Teaching Philosophy (for faculty positions only) and,
• Transcripts (if applicable). Official transcripts will be required if hired.
o Faculty: Applicants must submit academic transcripts from an accredited institution. Applicants who have degrees from outside of the United States must request a credential evaluation of their transcript. National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (www.naces.org) or Association of International Credential Evaluators (www.aice-eval.org) lists members who may be contacted for assistance in evaluating foreign credentials.
All application materials become the property of Aims Community College. All application materials must be submitted by the closing date posted. The screening committee will select finalists for interviews.
Quicklink for Posting http://jobs.aims.edu/postings/2922
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * For recruitment statistics, please list where you found this job posting.
- Aims Website
- Internal Posting
- Personal Referral
- HigherEdjobs - Diversity and Inclusion
- Denver Post
- Greeley Tribune
- Local Newspaper Ad
- ACCT Executive Search
- Weld County Employment Service
- Other Source
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Professional Degree
- * The application instructions and information section on the application states that you must clearly document job duties performed that relate to minimum qualifications, etc. in the "Work Experience" section on the application. Please acknowledge that you have read and understand what is expected and that the initial review of applications will focus only on what is listed in the Work Experience section and not other required documents such as your resume.
- Yes, I meet the minimum qualifications and have documented this in the Work Experience section.
- No, I do not meet all of the minimum qualifications however I have documented my experience in the Work Experience section.
- Cover Letter
- Diversity Statement
- Copy of Transcripts
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document