Part-time Instructor - Philosophy
Salaries vary by class and/or contact hours.
Part-time Instructor - Philosophy
Aims Community College at a Glance:
Aims Community College, locally governed, locally funded, is a debt-free and progressive community college with centralized administrative services located on the Greeley Campus, which supports three additional locations. Situated on the front range of the Colorado Rockies, and enjoying 300+ days of sunshine a year, Aims Community College is student success oriented and prepares students for success in more than 200 degree and certificate programs. You are not just a number here at Aims Community College, our wonderful Staff, Faculty, and Administration work as a team to ensure excellent service and offer the most affordable tuition in the front range.
Purpose: Build a Stronger Community
Vision: First Choice - The Recognized Leader in Learning and Student Success
Mission: Provide knowledge and skills to advance quality of life, economic vitality, and overall success of the diverse communities we serve.
2018-2023 Strategic Directions:
Empower Students to Succeed
Enhance Operational Performance
Enrich Northern Colorado Economic Development
The faculty member will conduct his/her assignments and co-curricular college activities in a manner consistent with the philosophy and purposes of Aims Community College as stated in the school catalog. The primary purpose of the faculty member is to teach. The faculty member is also responsible for scholarly and creative activities (professional development) and service to the college.
1. Instruct philosophy courses as needed, for the Arts & Sciences division.
2. Assist in program/curriculum evaluation, articulation, revision and development.
4. Participate in on-going professional development.
5. Assist with evaluation and selection of textbooks and other resource materials.
6. Perform other duties as assigned by the Humanities Department Chair and the Academic Dean.
1. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a part/full-time basis.
2. Master's Degree in Philosophy granted by date of employment.
3. Experience teaching philosophy at the post-secondary level.
4. Consideration will be given to education at the graduate level applicable to teaching undergraduate humanities courses.
5. Consideration will be given to experience teaching philosophy courses at the post-secondary level.
6. Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
7. Ability to motivate students.
8. Ability to establish and maintain positive and professional interpersonal relationships with students, faculty, staff, and administration.
9. Ability to work as a team member with a genuine spirit of cooperation and flexibility.
Willingness to teach at Aims' Greeley and Fort Lupton campuses.
Open Until Filled
Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice: Aims Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination based on age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status or disability. The goal of Aims is to enhance the diversity present in the district we serve. To comply with Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, if hired you will be required to provide documents within 3 days of hire date to show your identity and your authorization to work. This law applies to all persons hired.
Screening/Selection: All applicants may apply on line at jobs.aims.edu. If you need assistance with this process please contact Human Resources.
Initial screening will be conducted by a committee based on completed application materials.
Please be prepared to submit the following if required:
• Cover Letter addressing qualifications relative to position requirements,
• Diversity Statement,
• Teaching Philosophy (for faculty positions only) and,
• Transcripts (if applicable). Official transcripts will be required if hired.
o Faculty: Applicants must submit academic transcripts from an accredited institution. Applicants who have degrees from outside of the United States must request a credential evaluation of their transcript. National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (www.naces.org) or Association of International Credential Evaluators (www.aice-eval.org) lists members who may be contacted for assistance in evaluating foreign credentials.
All application materials become the property of Aims Community College. All application materials must be submitted by the closing date posted. The screening committee will select finalists for interviews.
Quicklink for Posting http://jobs.aims.edu/postings/2959
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * For recruitment statistics, please list where you found this job posting.
- Aims Website
- Internal Posting
- Personal Referral
- HigherEdjobs - Diversity and Inclusion
- Denver Post
- Greeley Tribune
- Local Newspaper Ad
- ACCT Executive Search
- Weld County Employment Service
- Other Source
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Professional Degree
- Cover Letter
- Copy of Transcripts
- Diversity Statement
- Teaching Philosophy
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document