The salary minimum for this position is $65,000.00 annually plus a generous benefits package. Compensation is commensurate with education and experience.
Aims Community College at a Glance:
Aims Community College, locally governed, locally funded, is a debt-free and progressive community college with centralized administrative services located on the Greeley Campus, which supports three additional locations. Situated on the front range of the Colorado Rockies, and enjoying 300+ days of sunshine a year, Aims Community College is student success oriented and prepares students for success in more than 200 degree and certificate programs. You are not just a number here at Aims Community College, our wonderful Staff, Faculty, and Administration work as a team to ensure excellent service and offer the most affordable tuition in the front range.
Purpose: Build a Stronger Community
Vision: First Choice - The Recognized Leader in Learning and Student Success
Mission: Provide knowledge and skills to advance quality of life, economic vitality, and overall success of the diverse communities we serve.
2018-2023 Strategic Directions:
Empower Students to Succeed
Enhance Operational Performance
Enrich Northern Colorado Economic Development
Under general direction and guidance, the Desktop Engineer contributes to the College's success by, for Mac and Windows platforms, providing, formulating, designing, implementing, and supporting moderately complex, enterprise-wide desktop images for end-user computing platforms. The Desktop Engineer will create and deploy OS and application updates as well as implement and monitor desktop encryption solutions and deploy and regulate licenses for software. They will assist with the planning, design, implementation, maintenance and troubleshooting of sophisticated desktop management server infrastructure and provide technical assistance and troubleshooting for desktop support issues. They will also be responsible for endpoint patching and security, working closely with Information Security to identify and remediate security vulnerabilities. Finally, they will perform moderately complex software packaging/distribution related tasks and participate in projects, as needed.
Duties, Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Maintain desktop images, updates, and patches:
Formulate, design, implement, maintain, and deploy desktop images for end-user computing platforms including Windows and Mac. Create and deploy OS and application updates, often in close coordination with Information Security. Develop and support encryption solution for all end-user computing devices. Create desired user experience through system policies and scripting. Troubleshoot issues and apply fixes.
2. Documentation and server infrastructure:
Properly manage endpoints in Active Directory and ensure proper organization and function of desktop management solutions. Consult with Director and assist in planning, design, implementation, and maintenance of desktop management infrastructure. Monitor and control systems in accordance with industry best practices. Create and maintain technical documentation on supported services.
3. Software deployment and license tracking:
Perform software packaging and distribution related tasks. Participate in projects as needed. Track licensing for software college-wide, provide reports on usage, and advise of and remove software that is no longer used or that is coming to its end-of-life. Ensure updated images are able to run necessary software and advise departments with recommendations for upgrading or replacement.
4. Technical support:
Work closely with the Service Desk and Technical Support Services team on issues which may arise. Provide technical assistance and Tier 3 troubleshooting for desktop support issues. Ensure proper documentation of issues which arise so future problems can be quickly resolved for customers.
Other duties as assigned.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a part/full-time basis.
1. Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or related field plus two years working in a professional IT capacity, or 6 total years in a professional IT capacity. Equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be considered.
2. Professional aptitude should include knowledge of TCP/IP networks, intermediate to advanced knowledge of current Microsoft operating system environments, basic knowledge of current Apple operating system environments, and the ability to convey and record advanced concepts and changes with thorough documentation.
3. Familiarity with encryption, LDAP, Active Directory, and Group Policy.
4. Experience working with Active Directory and Group Policy Objects.
5. Experience working with WSUS or similar OS patching applications.
6. Knowledge of VBScript, .NET, PowerShell script, or other coding experience.
7. Basic to intermediate knowledge of SQL, MySQL, or other language used to manage data within a DBMS.
Industry recognized IT certifications preferred: MTA, MCSA, MCITP or MCSE preferred. A+ certification or other IT certifications are welcome.
Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Apple OS preferred.
Experience working in higher education preferred.
Experience working with imaging and software deployment tools, such as Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT), Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK), Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) Toolkit, Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT), Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), JAMF Casper, and Kaseya VSA are preferred
8:00am to 5:00pm Monday-Friday, with some weekends as required for project work.
Special Instructions to Applicants
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION
• The Application is the only document that will be utilized to determine if minimum qualifications, as outlined in the job posting, have been met. The Application is considered to be the legal document on file; resumes will not be reviewed for minimum qualification requirements.
• Clearly document job duties performed that relate to responsibilities, qualifications, and essential job duties in the "Work Experience" section on the application. We must be able to evaluate your experience based on this information.
• Clearly outline dates of employment and hours worked per week or credit hours worked per term for each employment experience listed in the Work Experience section of the Application so that we can calculate full-time experience.
• If an Application is considered "Incomplete", the application will be removed from consideration for the position.
• An Application is incomplete if no current/ previous employment is included in the Work Experience section of the Application.
• An Application is incomplete if "see resume" (or something similar) is noted, or previous employment does not contain job duties for every position in the Work Experience section of the Application.
• When a resume is listed as a required document, it may be used in the comparative analysis/ evaluation process to determine the candidates that most closely meet the qualifications of the position. This process occurs after an application has passed the minimum qualifications screening. **Please see the "Required Documents" section of the posting.
• Resumes will not be accepted in place of a complete application; however, resumes may still be required as a component of complete application materials.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice: Aims Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination based on age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status or disability. The goal of Aims is to enhance the diversity present in the district we serve. To comply with Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, if hired you will be required to provide documents within 3 days of hire date to show your identity and your authorization to work. This law applies to all persons hired.
Screening/Selection: All applicants may apply on line at jobs.aims.edu. If you need assistance with this process please contact Human Resources.
Initial screening will be conducted by a committee based on completed application materials.
Please be prepared to submit the following if required:
• Cover Letter addressing qualifications relative to position requirements,
• Diversity Statement (your personal statement on diversity),
• Teaching Philosophy (for faculty positions only) and,
• Transcripts (if applicable). Official transcripts will be required if hired.
o Faculty: Applicants must submit academic transcripts from an accredited institution. Applicants who have degrees from outside of the United States must request a credential evaluation of their transcript. National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (www.naces.org) or Association of International Credential Evaluators (www.aice-eval.org) lists members who may be contacted for assistance in evaluating foreign credentials.
All application materials become the property of Aims Community College. All application materials must be submitted by the closing date posted. The screening committee will select finalists for interviews.
Quicklink for Posting http://jobs.aims.edu/postings/2929
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * For recruitment statistics, please list where you found this job posting.
- Aims Website
- Internal Posting
- Personal Referral
- HigherEdjobs - Diversity and Inclusion
- Denver Post
- Greeley Tribune
- Local Newspaper Ad
- ACCT Executive Search
- Weld County Employment Service
- Other Source
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Professional Degree
- * The application instructions and information section on the application states that you must clearly document job duties performed that relate to minimum qualifications, etc. in the "Work Experience" section on the application. Please acknowledge that you have read and understand what is expected and that the initial review of applications will focus only on what is listed in the Work Experience section and not other required documents such as your resume.
- Yes, I meet the minimum qualifications and have documented this in the Work Experience section.
- No, I do not meet all of the minimum qualifications however I have documented my experience in the Work Experience section.
- Cover Letter
- Diversity Statement
- Copy of Transcripts
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document