Postdoctoral Scholar Informatics/Bowker
Open February 22nd, 2018 through March 31st, 2018
The Donald Bren School of Information and Computer Sciences has a full-time Postdoctoral Scholar position available in the Department of Informatics. This position requires a Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, or a closely-related academic discipline such as Informatics or Information Science.
Candidates should have a strong research record including publications in one or more of the following areas: computer-supported cooperative work, science and technology studies and infrastructure studies, or ethnographic studies.
The successful candidate will be mentored by Professor Geoffrey Bowker and will work closely with faculty collaborators, doctoral students, postdoctoral and visiting scholars, and programmers. In the course of the research, the postdoctoral scholar will perform individual and collaborative research, mentor students, and lead research meetings. They will also help maintain and develop relationships with industrial partners who serve as sites for field research and technology transition.
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
• Ability to work independently and collaborate with a multidisciplinary team;
• Excellent writing capabilities demonstrated by sample publications and/or publication record.
This is a full-time position that includes benefits. The initial appointment will be for one year starting July 1, 2018, with extensions for further years dependent on the availability of extramural funding. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested applicants should respond by submitting the application and the names and addresses of three references through the following URL:
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job location Irvine, CA
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Research
- Statement of Teaching - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement. (Optional)
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
3 references required (contact information only)
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now