Administrative Assistant for the Office of Finance and Facilities
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
- Provide administrative, professional and confidential support for the Vice President for Finance, and assist the Associate Vice President for Auxiliary Services.
- Perform special assignments and projects as assigned. Perform Administrative functions for the Office of Finance and Facilities
- Coordinate calendars and meetings for the VP for Finance, AVP for Auxiliary Services; remit notifications of Trustee Committee & internal College meetings; record, prepare and distribute meeting minutes as assigned
- Prepare and distribute correspondence and other documents as requested
- Managing efficient electronic and hard copy files and office records
- Coordinate Insurance Administration for VP for Finance by providing information on claims, researching related information, processing applications, and assisting with annual renewals. Assist with risk mitigation and obtain waivers and certificates of insurance. Serve as College's auxiliary representative at CCGS insurance meetings and communications. Assist the VP for Finance on Enterprise Risk Management
- Prepare account reconciliations and assist accounting personnel with monthly accounting closing. Assist with budget and planning projects
- Process request for employee driving privileges
- Other duties as assigned
- Required Degree(s): High School
- Preferred Degree(s): BS or BA
- Required Field of Expertise: Executive Office Administration
- Preferred Field of Expertise: Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Superior organizational skills; able to prioritize
- Excellent customer service skills; able to do whatever is needed to help individuals interacting with our office
- Positive problem-solving ability
- Knowledge of executive office administration and processes
- Ability to find our answers to questions and sort out the unimportant from the important
- Microsoft office software
This is a full time, non-exempt, benefited position. Business hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm with a one hour unpaid lunch break. The schedule for this position will be flexible to the needs of the department.
Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application.
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.