Academic Program Advisor, Extended Campus Program
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
- Handles the daily operational advising duties in their respective program area.
- Provides academic counseling, advisement and planning to a diverse student population.
- Assists and guides student through course selection process. Ensures that students are familiar and remain updated on academic policies and and procedures.
- Communicates regularly with students and responds to students' with 48 hours (excluding weekends).
- Monitors and assesses students' program matriculation by conducting program audits. Refers students to appropriate resources for academic support.
- Maintains student files, databases, and other academic records.
- Data analysis and report production as requested or required by reporting agencies for supervisors review.
- Using best practices in customer service provide outreach to students at risk of not maintaining program requirements.
- Regularly check AIC email for timely correspondence with Program Advisor Supervisor, Program Directors, students and other members of the AIC community
- Required Degree(s): Master's degree in education or a related field
- Strong commitment to high-quality instruction in a diverse, student-centered environment and the ability to work with students with various learning styles and backgrounds
- Interest in active and collaborative learning and enthusiasm for working in a multidisciplinary environment
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, Blackboard, and the instructional use of technology to teach traditional, hybrid or on-line courses, as needed
- Ability to foster a collaborative atmosphere among students and faculty
- Expertise that complements and expands that of the department
This is a full time, exempt level, benefited position. Business hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. The schedule for this position will be flexible to the needs of the department with occasional night and weekend event work required.
Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application.
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.