Assistant Women's Rugby Coach (Part-time)
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
- On field teaching and player development
- Assisting head coach with practice planning, practice execution, game strategy and game management
- Monitoring student athletes' academic progress
- Administrative duties assigned by the head coach
- Required Degree(s): Bachelors
- Preferred Field of Expertise: Coaching and/or playing experience at the collegiate level preferred
- Required Training/Cert: USA Rugby Level 100 certification or equivalent
- Preferred Training/Cert: USA Rugby Level 200 certification or equivalent
- Required Licensure(s): Valid, insurable driver's license
- Strong knowledge of the sport of women's rugby
- Exceptional leadership and strong organizational skills.
- The ability to represent the philosophy and educational goals of American International College.
- Ability to work evening, weekends, and holidays as the schedule dictates
- Knowledge of NCAA regulations and ability to pass NCAA recruiting test within 90 days
This is a part-time, non benefited position. The hours are flexible to the needs of the department and include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application.
Please note: The salary for this position is a modest stipend.
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.