University Laboratory High School- Teaching Associate, Mathmatics (F1800007)
University Laboratory High School
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign invites applications for the positon of Teaching Associate in Mathematics at University High School. This is a 9 month, renewable, non-tenure track academic staff appointment at the University of Illinois. Salary is commensurate with degree and experience. This position would begin August 2018 after the successful completion of a criminal background check.
University Laboratory High School is a 5-year public school for 325 select students. A laboratory mission of innovative curriculum development, outreach to other schools and the community, and/or involvement with professional organizations is part of the overall job responsibilities.
- Teach assigned courses (ranging from Math 1-mostly algebra, with some geometry and trig-through second-year Calculus) to academically talented students.
- Develop innovative curriculum and math education research projects. Present at professional conferences or workshops.
- Support/coach math teams for math competitions.
- The position also entails school activities normally required of teachers, such as attendance at faculty meetings, committee work, and non-classroom duties.
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics or Mathematics Education (with substantial coursework in mathematics), with ability to teach Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Precalculus, and Calculus (including multi-variable).
- Graduate degree in Mathematics
- Strong experience in Statistics (previous teaching, degree, or knowledge of appropriate software) and the ability to teach current practices of data science.
- Experience effectively teaching diverse and academically talented students. Illinois teaching certificate (secondary mathematics).
- Evidence of effective and creative secondary teaching experience, evidence of integration of technology into instruction, and experience in developing innovative instructional materials.
- Knowledge of alternative assessment strategies, such as standards-based grading, and non-traditional teaching practices.
Application Process: Please complete your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a cover letter, resume, three professional references and sample lesson plans and examples of innovative classroom activities or materials developed by the candidate. To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by March 1, 2018. Interviews may begin prior to the close of the search, however, no hiring decision will be made prior to March 1. For further information regarding applications procedures please contact Jennifer Steiling at email@example.com.
This is a security-sensitive position. Comprehensive background checks, including but not limited to a criminal conviction history check, will be conducted.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Office of the Provost
Category: Faculty and Other Academic
Title: University Laboratory High School- Teaching Associate, Mathmatics (F1800007)
Open Date: 01/30/2018
Close Date: 03/01/2018
Organization Name: University Laboratory HS