College of Business: Teaching Faculty (Open Rank, Non-Tenure Track) - Department of Finance (F17001
Teaching Faculty (Open Rank, Non-Tenure Track)
Department of Finance
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
REVISED AND EXTENDED
The Department of Finance at Illinois is a world leader in research, teaching and public engagement. We serve the state, the nation, and the world by creating knowledge, preparing students for lives of impact, and addressing critical societal needs through the transfer and application of knowledge. We are interested in candidates who can contribute, through their research, teaching, and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of the Illinois community. The Department invites applicants for the position(s) of open rank, non-tenure track teaching faculty.
SHORT DESCRIPTION SUMMARIZING POSITION FUNCTIONS
Teach and, if required in the position, conduct research in any area of Finance, with specific needs in the following areas:
- Insurance and risk management
- Data analytics with applications in finance
- Investment management
- Corporate finance
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teach at the graduate and/or undergraduate levels; may include online instruction
- Work with students to enhance learning outcomes through applications of curriculum content, and develop students' professional skills
- Engage in activities that maintain faculty qualifications under AACSB guidelines; for some positions this may include conducting research
- Graduate degree or extensive professional experience required for Instructor, Adjunct and Clinical positions
- PhD degree or dissertation near completion required for Lecturer, Teaching Professorial and Visiting Professorial positions
- Demonstrated teaching effectiveness, strong research and leadership potential commensurate with position sought.
Salary will be commensurate with rank and experience.
Instructor, Lecturer, Adjunct, Clinical Professorial, Visiting Professorial, and Teaching Professorial Faculty; non-tenure track; full and part-time.
PROPOSED STARTING DATE
August 16, 2018 (negotiable)
To apply, please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and select the position for which you are applying, then upload all required documents including cover letter, resume, teaching and research statement, course evaluations, and the names and contact information of three professional references. Full consideration will be given to applications received by February 1, 2018; applications will continue to be accepted until all positions have been filled. Interviews, inquiries, and hires may take place prior to the close date. Applications will not be accepted via mail or email.
For further information regarding application, you may contact Mary Barker at 217-333-5807 or email@example.com . You may also visit http://www.business.illinois.edu/finance for additional information about the Department and courses.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
College Name or Administrative Unit: College of Business
Category: Faculty and Other Academic
Title: College of Business: Teaching Faculty (Open Rank, Non-Tenure Track) - Department of Finance (F1700156)
Open Date: 10/18/2017
Organization Name: Finance