Visiting Pharmacist - Veterinary Teaching Hospital (A1700620)
College of Veterinary Medicine
Veterinary Teaching Hospital
PRIMARY POSITION FUNCTION/SUMMARY:
The College of Veterinary Medicine - Veterinary Teaching Hospital is seeking a full-time, (12-month) academic professional position - Visiting Pharmacist. This position is responsible for dispensing pharmaceuticals at the Veterinary Teaching Hospital in accordance with Illinois State and Federal Pharmacy laws and regulations. As the pharmacist-on-duty, this position will provide oversight and direction for all activities as they relate to the practice of pharmacy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide oversight and direction regarding all activities and all employees as they relate to the practice of pharmacy while servicing as the Pharmacist on-duty.
- Dispense pharmaceuticals in accordance with Federal and State of Illinois policies and regulations.
- Maintenance of security provisions to be used when the pharmacy is closed.
- Maintain the recordkeeping system for purchase, sale, delivery, possession, storage, inventory and safekeeping of drugs.
- Advise the Coordinator of Pharmacy and Materials Management (Pharmacist-in-charge) on pharmacy issues.
- Provide faculty, staff, students, and clients with pharmaceutical information regarding the clinical aspects of the pharmacy.
- Provide pharmaceutical instruction to faculty, staff and all four years of professional veterinary students.
- Assist in monitoring VTH pharmaceuticals for pricing updates and section pricing information and reports.
- Assist in the maintenance of the VTH pharmacy and storeroom computer systems database for costing/adjusting values of pharmaceuticals and compliance with Robinson-Patman Act.
- Assist in teaching visiting pharmacy students and Parkland veterinary technician students during rotations at the VTH.
- Assist with training of incoming faculty, house officers and staff.
- Assist in pharmaceutical documentation in veterinary medicine publications.
- Compound medications as directed.
- Other related duties as assigned to further the mission of the unit.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Required: B.S. in Pharmacy or PharmD from an ACPE-approved College of Pharmacy with the ability to apply for IL registered pharmacist.
Preferred: Veterinary pharmacy residency or other relevant course or training specifically in veterinary pharmacies.
Required: Minimum of two years' experience working in a pharmacy setting.
Preferred: Experience in a veterinary teaching hospital pharmacy, hospital pharmacy and/or compounding experience.
TRAINING, LICENSES OR CERTIFICATION:
Required: Graduate of an ACPE-approved school of pharmacy with eligibility to apply for IL registered pharmacist.
Preferred: Diplomate of the International College of Veterinary Pharmacy, Society of Veterinary Hospital Pharmacists' member, current IL pharmacist license.
Required: Knowledge of pharmacy computer systems and pharmacy practice rules and regulations.
Preferred: Veterinary pharmacy specific training (Continuing education, elective course, internship/residency in veterinary pharmacy, work experience, etc.)
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Starting date is as soon as possible after closing date.
For full consideration, please create your candidate profile at http://go.illinois.edu/Vet_Visiting_Pharmacist and upload your cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references by the closing date of February 16, 2018. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. This visiting position may become permanent at a later date depending on department need and funding. The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. For additional questions, please contact Dr. Julia Whittington, Search Chair @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: College of Veterinary Medicine
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Visiting Pharmacist - Veterinary Teaching Hospital (A1700620)
Open Date: 10/04/2017
Organization Name: Veterinary Teaching Hospital