Job Category: Academic Professional Academic Professional
Description: University of Illinois
University Tax Compliance and Analysis
The University of Illinois seeks a Tax Analyst to, under administrative direction, assist with the operations of the System's Tax Compliance and Analysis department to successfully achieve established System and departmental objectives. Additional responsibilities include:
1. Performs research and provides alternatives and recommendations on tax-related issues, including various state and international matters.
2. Assists with the preparation and/or review of various returns, including federal and state payroll tax returns and other miscellaneous returns (e.g. Form 990-T and Foreign Bank Account Report).
3. Prepares tax reconciliations for federal and state agencies.
4. Serves as a liaison for various communications and interactions with University staff and external parties.
5. Conducts surveys of peer institutions and compiles results on various tax matters/policies.
6. Oversees maintenance of tax policies and procedures and makes recommendations for improvement.
7. Independently manages and prioritizes multiple projects. Recognizes matters requiring immediate attention, such as notices from governmental authorities.
8. Prepares reports, analyses, and presentations on various topics and issues for senior leadership.
9. Performs other duties and responsibilities appropriate for a Tax Analyst.
Candidates must possess a bachelor's degree in Accounting (preferred), Business, Finance or related field, CPA designation, and two years of relevant work experience. Other requirements include: strong oral and written communication skills; ability to work independently and show initiative; proven organizational skills along with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines with accuracy and attention to detail; creative and innovative thinking and problem solving skills; excellent analytical skills to interpret and review documents, tax rules, and regulations; demonstrated ability to perform tax research and provide excellent customer service; strong proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint; ability to use independent judgment and discretion to make sound decisions and recommendations; good interpersonal skills to build effective working relationships with internal and external constituents and ability to work as part of a team.
Preferred qualifications: experience in higher education or not-for-profit entities and providing tax consultation services.
This is a full-time, 12-month Academic Professional position. For full consideration, candidates must apply and submit a letter of application, resume, and names/addresses/phone numbers of three professional references by February 28, 2018 at https://uajobs.hr.uillinois.edu/.
The University of Illinois conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer of employment. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
System Human Resource Services
The University of Illinois is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a community of excellence, equity and diversity. The System Offices welcome applications from women, underrepresented minorities, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual minority groups and other candidates who will lead and contribute to the diversification and enrichment of ideas and perspectives.
Close Date: 02/28/2018