Marketing Specialist - National Center for Supercomputing Applications (A1800115)
National Center for Supercomputing Applications
The National Center for Supercomputing Applications (NCSA) at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign provides supercomputing and advanced digital resources for the nation's science enterprise. At NCSA, University of Illinois faculty, staff, students, and collaborators from around the globe use advanced digital resources to address research grand challenges for the benefit of science and society. NCSA has been advancing one third of the Fortune 50 for more than 30 years by bringing industry, researchers and students together to solve grand challenges at rapid speed and scale.
NCSA is currently seeking a Marketing Specialist for Events and Engagement to lead the creation, promotion and organization of strategic events to advance NCSA's key marketing objectives and promote NCSA facilities and event services to internal and external customers. This position leverages event best practices and trends in event experiences to effectively manage NCSA's events portfolio that includes but are not limited to local, national and international conferences and strategic programing that serves key stakeholders such as research collaborators, internal NCSA projects, campus collaborations, funding agencies, and industry partners.
NCSA is committed to increasing the diversity of the campus community. Candidates who have experience working with a diverse range of faculty, staff, and students, and who can contribute to the climate of inclusivity are encouraged to apply.
- Lead the development of marketing communications plans around events to raise awareness and attendance, and will report on marketing key performance indicators for each event.
- Lead marketing campaigns to promote events, including websites, registration, press releases, social media campaigns, remarks, videos, programs, signage, and related marketing collateral.
- Create processes for the development, implementation and execution of special events and other initiatives designed to achieve the overall mission, goals and objectives of NCSA.
- Manage NCSA's event portfolio and cross-coordinate planning and logistics with key stakeholders, document all of the events planned in the center, and ensure they are coordinated and communicated with NCSA's brand standards and processes.
- Represent NCSA to event services clients, stakeholders and other units with the highest-levels of customer service.
- Leverage event marketing best practices and trends in event experiences to develop events that meet specific marketing objectives.
Required Education & Experience:
- B.A./B.S in marketing, communications, hospitality or related field. Alternate degree fields will be considered if accompanied by equivalent experience (depending on nature and depth of experience as it relates to current NCSA business needs).
- Minimum of 2 years' of experience in the events and meeting planning industry.
- Minimum of 2 years' of marketing experience.
- Experience working on creative, high-production events.
- Customer service and relationship building skills.
- Project management and collaboration skills.
- Ability to execute high-quality work, often on tight deadlines.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours to meet the needs of the Center.
- Written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to interact with a diverse population including University faculty, administrators, and representatives of industrial partners and external agencies.
- Proficiency with commonly-employed software.
- Sound judgment and conflict resolution skills.
- Proficiency with current social medias.
- Experience working with researchers to communicate science and technology impact.
- Experience with University Catering and University General and Financial guidelines.
This is a regular academic professional position at NCSA and is an annually renewable, 12/12, 100%-time appointment with regular University benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience and start date will be as soon as possible after the close date of the search. Applicants must possess required education and experience by start date of position. Interviews may occur before the closing date; however, all applications received by the closing date will receive full consideration.
To apply, please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter and CV/resume by the close date (3/16/18). Contact information for three references must be included on the application (letters may also be uploaded or sent to the contact below). For full consideration, candidates must complete the application process by the above date. The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. For further information regarding our application procedures, you may visit http://www.ncsa.illinois.edu or email NCSA-HR@illinois.edu.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Vice Chancellor for Research
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Marketing Specialist - National Center for Supercomputing Applications (A1800115)
Open Date: 02/23/2018
Close Date: 03/16/2018
Organization Name: Supercomputing Applications