Marketing Coordinator - Enrollment Management (A1800119)
Marketing Coordinator - Office of Communications for Enrollment Management
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign has an opening for a Marketing Coordinator in the Office of Communications for Enrollment Management. This position is a 100% full-time, benefits-eligible, Academic Professional position. Salary for this position is $48,000-$55,000 and the proposed start date is as soon as possible after the close of the search. The Marketing Coordinator serves as the marketing lead for the Office of Communications for Enrollment Management (OCEM), a small marketing, design, and development team responsible for the marketing and communication needs of the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, the Office of the Registrar, and the Office of Student Financial Aid. The position's primary objective is to positively impact organizational goals by developing effective communication and marketing plans through data, audience, and market analysis.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and develop communication and marketing plans for the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, the Office of the Registrar, and the Office of Student Financial Aid
- Collaborate with fellow OCEM team members to implement all marketing and communication plans in an effective and timely manner
- Evaluate and review plans/campaigns, advertising, and SEO to make sure the correct mediums are being used and campaigns are effective
- Produce frequent reports to share plan/campaign performance results, including an annual marketing report for Admissions
- Serve as the functional steward for Enrollment Management's CRM by introducing effective touchpoints and monitoring the quality of interactions
- Collaborate with Enrollment Management Data Services to gather, analyze, and share important data, including but not limited to reports, metrics, audience research, enrollment numbers, facts/statistics, and web analytics
- Monitor and report on competitor activity
- Oversee and assist academic units with their communication and marketing plans for recruitment and yield by coordinating efforts and sharing key insights and relevant data
- Formulate key insights on target audiences through various methods such as research, surveys, focus groups, and data analysis
- Create and administer frequent surveys
- Organize and conduct regular focus groups
- Present relevant insights, ideas, and strategies to stakeholders when necessary
- Serve as a member of the Recruitment and Yield Committee, and other teams as needed
Position Requirements and Qualifications
Education: Required: Bachelor's Degree
Preferred: Degree in marketing, advertising, communications, or related field
Required: Must have experience creating and managing communication and marketing plans, in addition to analyzing data and formulating reports. Excellent organizational, verbal, written communication, customer service, interpersonal, and presentation skills. Attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks effectively. Must be proactive, able to prioritize, and adapt in an ever-changing environment. Proficient overall computer skills, including file organization and software skills such as Microsoft Office. Self-motivated to track progress, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects concurrently.
Preferred: Professional experience in both marketing and higher education. Experience working with a CRM.
Application: To ensure full consideration, application materials must be received by March 12, 2018. All candidates must create a candidate profile through https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a letter of interest, resume, and the names, email addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references. Interviews may begin prior to the close of the search, however a hiring decision will not be made until after March 12, 2018. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Jennifer Steiling at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Office of the Provost
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Marketing Coordinator - Enrollment Management (A1800119)
Open Date: 02/26/2018
Close Date: 03/12/2018
Organization Name: Enrollment Management