Linguistic Data Analytics Manager - School of Literatures, Cultures and Linguistics (A1700732)
LINGUISTIC DATA ANALYTICS MANAGER
School of Literatures, Cultures and Linguistics
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The School of Literatures, Cultures and Linguistics (SLCL) invites applications for a full-time, Linguistic Data Analytics Manager to manage statistical techniques and the development of data analytics that support the research of faculty and graduate students affiliated with SLCL linguistics laboratories.
SLCL is home to nine departments and four interdisciplinary programs that serve and interface with units within SLCL, the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences and across campus of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advise, collaborate and consult with faculty and graduate student researchers on the implementation of statistical modeling and other data analytics techniques to support their research projects. Serve as a mentor to graduate students whose research data will generate conference submissions and publications.
- Provide support to faculty and graduate student researchers in procedural programming languages (e.g., Python, R, Matlab) relating to faculty and graduate student on-going research projects.
- Collaborate with faculty and graduate student researchers in the development and execution of externally-funded linguistics research projects. Function as a PI or Co-PI on NSF and NIH grants as appropriate.
- Conduct workshops for faculty and graduate students on procedural programming languages, statistical techniques and data analytics. Offer advanced workshops that generate research output in collaboration with faculty and graduate student researchers.
- Research, identify, and implement new approaches to and methods for the statistical analysis of linguistic data.
- Serve on Ph.D. dissertation committees when focus is relevant to linguistic data analytics.
- Teach special topic course on research methods in quantitative Linguistics as needed by the School.
- Master's degree in linguistics or closely related fields, (e.g. neuroscience, psychology, speech and hearing science - with a concentration in linguistics or speech-related research.)
- Solid background in procedural programming languages (e.g., Python, Matlab, and/or R);
- Experience implementing statistical models in R.
- Experience providing statistical consultations for researchers.
- Advanced statistical modeling
- PhD in linguistics or closely related fields, (e.g. neuroscience, psychology, speech and hearing science - with a concentration in linguistics or speech-related research).
- Previous work in a laboratory setting, demonstrated ability to work well as part of a research team.
This is a 100%, full-time academic professional position. Salary is commensurate with experience. Starting date is August 16, 2018 or as soon as possible after the closing date.
To apply, create your candidate profile through the University of Illinois application login page at https://jobs.illinois.edu. Required materials include cover letter, CV, and contact information for three professional references. Only applications submitted through the University of Illinois Job Board will be considered. To ensure full consideration, the applicant must submit all required application materials by Feb 15, 2017.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. For further information please contact email@example.com
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: College of Liberal Arts and Science
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Linguistic Data Analytics Manager - School of Literatures, Cultures and Linguistics (A1700732)
Open Date: 11/22/2017
Close Date: 02/15/2018
Organization Name: SLCL Administration