Coordinator, Special Programs - Environmental Compliance, Facilities and Services (A1800084)
Coordinator Special Programs
DIVISION OF SAFETY AND COMPLIANCE
FACILITIES & SERVICES
UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS AT URBANA-CHAMPAIGN
Safety and Compliance is seeking a Coordinator of Special Programs to promote safe and environmentally sound work practices that advance the University's mission and interests by advising and consulting with faculty, staff and students on local, state and federal environmental requirements that govern University operations and activities.
STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
- Research, analyze and interpret local, state and federal environmental regulations pertaining to clean air management, storm water management, spill prevention, drinking water management, wastewater management, and solid waste management programs.
- Prepare and/or review air emissions calculations, equations and emissions testing methodologies for compliance with applicable regulations.
- Assess wastewater analytical data and process drawings; prepare forms, maps, figures and other technical information to be used in permit applications, training materials and environmental reports.
- Evaluate campus operations and facilities for compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Develop program plans to resolve non-compliance issues.
- Develop and implement campus conservation initiatives that help assure campus compliance with federal, state, and local environmental regulations and policies.
- Perform environmental compliance and conservation training programs for the campus.
- Monitor emerging environmental legislation with potential impact on University operations.
- Support first responders to spill incidents and coordinate spill response.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of campus personnel.
- Interact with community environmental groups and regulatory agency officials.
This position does not include any hazardous waste management, occupational safety or industrial hygiene related responsibilities.
A bachelor's degree in an environmental engineering, science, planning, or other related environmental discipline and 4-6 years experience developing and implementing environmental compliance program activities. Familiarity with federal and Illinois environmental laws and regulations.
Master's degree in an environmental engineering, environmental science, planning, or other related environmental discipline.
40 Hour HAZWOPR Emergency Response Training with annual refresher training.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and include a comprehensive benefits package.This is a 100% full-time, 12 month academic professional position.An anticipated start date is beginning as soon as possible following the closing date.
For full consideration, please create a candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume, copy of college transcripts, and the names/contact information of three professional references by 03/09/2018. All requested information must be submitted for your application to be considered.For further information, contact Anna Ratcheva-Staneva at [email protected]
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon
acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Facilities and Services
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Coordinator, Special Programs - Environmental Compliance, Facilities and Services (A1800084)
Open Date: 02/09/2018
Close Date: 03/09/2018
Organization Name: FandS Safety and Compl-ECS