Assistant Director for Facilities Planning - University Housing (A1800121)
Assistant Director for Facilities Planning - University Housing
University Housing, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Applications are now being accepted for the Assistant Director for Facilities Planning position for University Housing at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. The primary function of this position is to manage, coordinate, and monitor building design, construction, building renovation and major repair projects for all University Housing Facilities.
Major duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Coordinate all renovation, remodeling and capital project construction within University Housing Facilities, and serves as liaison between University Housing and Facilities & Services, the Office of Capital Programs, and various outside architects and engineers, contractors and subcontractors.
- Directly supervise University Housing Facilities Planning Staff
- Serve on the leadership team for University Housing Facilities
- Ensures University Housing compliance with ADA requirements, asbestos abatement, and other policies, procedures, regulations, statutes and/or laws relating to the operation of a major public facility.
- Makes recommendations to the Associate Director on potential renovations, remodeling, and repair projects that would enhance University Housing facilities.
- Engages in both short and long-range planning to ensure that University Housing facilities are properly designed to meet future needs of the residents and facility usage.
- Prepares, designs, drawings, and specifications for remodeling and repair projects for University Housing Facilities including purchasing materials.
- Prepares budgets that reflect informed projections on costs related to building construction and renovation of the University Housing facilities.
- Directs the overall effort of architecture, engineering, interior design, and project management.
- Maintains accurate drawings and specifications of the University Housing facilities.
- Communicates on a regular and timely basis with other University Housing departments and residents with regard to any service interruptions or other issues that may impact the residents' well-being.
- In the absence of the director, may be the principal representative on University Housing Facilities matters.
We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds who can help create and foster communities that strive toward this vision. This includes supporting the academic mission of the University by developing environments conducive to student learning and academic success, respecting, appreciating, and advocating for the diversity of our student population, and supporting the holistic development of all of our students.
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration or other related field.
- Master's degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration or other related field.
- A minimum of seven to ten years of experience in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, Business Administration or other related field
- Experience supervising the work of building construction or building renovation teams
- Experience with managing financial responsibilities and budgets
- Experience in leading projects from design through construction
- Experience developing bid documents
- Experience in assessing the condition of the facilities and estimating the necessary costs to remodel them
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in the direct supervision of employees
- Work in an A/E or University/College campus setting
- Experience in effective communication with others on the current status of routine tasks or special projects
- Working knowledge of building systems, facility maintenance, Sustainable and LEED practices, and construction trades.
- A generalist's knowledge of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting, HVAC, etc., and the ability to call in specialist help when needed.
This is a full-time, 12-month position. The starting date will be as soon as possible after the closing date. Salary is commensurate with experience, and includes an excellent benefits package.
For full consideration, create your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references by March 19, 2018. Interviews may take place on a rolling basis once the search opens, but no final decision will be made until after the closing date. Official transcript may be required of all final candidates. Please contact a member of the Housing Human Resources team at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
College Name or Administrative Unit: University Housing
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Assistant Director for Facilities Planning - University Housing (A1800121)
Open Date: 02/26/2018
Close Date: 03/19/2018
Organization Name: Hsg Facil-Admin