Laboratory Technician 2
Working Title: Laboratory Technician 2
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Department of Pediatrics
Posting Date: 04-26-2017
The Department of Pediatrics is currently seeking a Laboratory Technician 2. The incumbent supports ongoing research of the Principal Investigator. Duties include participation in conducting scientific experiments and performing technical assays; analyzing and assessing experimental results. The incumbent is also responsible for performing cell culture; maintaining lab inventories; and working with laboratory animals including histology experiments, genotyping and mouse physiology.
Position requires an Associate degree and two years of previous lab experience, including at least one year performing experiments with mice. Experience gained as a student will be considered. A Bachelor's Degree in Biology, Chemistry or related science is preferred and may be considered in lieu of experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to resolve problems.
2. Ability to work accurately with attention to detail.
3. Ability to analyze and organize work procedures.
4. Ability to collect data samples.
5. Ability to work or learn to work with small animals doing research experiments.
6. Knowledge of analytical techniques in chemistry, biology or related science.
7. Knowledge of theory and practice of scientific techniques and experimentation.
8. Knowledge of general laboratory procedures and equipment.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=81735