Surgical Simulation Coordinator (Wage)
Working Title: Surgical Simulation Coordinator (Wage)
Position Type: Hourly Wage
Department: Department of Surgery
Posting Date: 08-07-2017
The Department of Surgery is seeking an individual to support our surgical simulation educational programs for medical students and residents. The Surgical Simulation Coordinator works closely with surgical faculty to plan, develop, and implement surgical simulation curricula and coordinates the operations of the simulation center to include scheduling, set up and take down, technical support, documentation, and tracking. We seek an engaging individual with excellent communication and strong organizational skills and an eagerness to learn.
Minimum requirements include a Bachelor's degree and at least one year of experience in an operating room setting. Five additional years of related professional experience may be considered in lieu of the Bachelor's degree requirement.
A minimum of one year experience in education or simulation is preferred. Student experience in one of these areas may be considered to meet this requirement but not as part of educational requirements.
This is a wage position that will average 20 hours a week.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to multi-task, work independently, and build collaborative relationships in an interdisciplinary team.
2. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
3. Strong organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and accuracy.
4. Ability to problem solve and make quick decisions.
5. Good mechanical aptitude and technical knowledge of computerized equipment.
6. Eagerness to learn.
7. Knowledge of medical terminology and human physiology.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=81270