Senior Director, Service
Working Title: Senior Director, Service
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Chief Human Resources Office
Posting Date: 09-13-2017
The Senior Director, Service will lead HR Business Partners who support schools, units and entities of the University of Virginia, while also delivering exceptional service to a large and/or complex school/unit. This position will drive and manage the HR customer experience inclusive of HR program administration, talent and performance management counseling and guidance, risk mitigation, and community and entity leadership to support performance of assigned school, unit or entity. This position supports the vision and objectives of the University of Virginia through effective application of unit knowledge, organization networks, and creative problem solving. The Senior Director, Service possesses and applies extensive HR knowledge and experience. The incumbent will lead a Business Partner team in the Health System and will have a dual reporting relationship to the VP/CHRO and AVP, HR Service.
This is a critical moment in the University of Virginia's Human Resources evolution. The University has embarked on a series of ambitious changes for Human Resources that will play out over the next few years and have impact in the coming decade. To learn more about this transformation, the opportunities and competencies expected for all future HR professionals, please visit https://ufirst.virginia.edu/.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Operate within and leading cross-functional teams Influence at multiple levels of the organization and drive prioritization of HR initiatives
- Apply effective team leadership experience
- Translate changing business objectives to effective HR strategies
- Demonstrate broad technical expertise, business and industry knowledge, and process capabilities
- Collaborate effectively with Human Resources and business leadership
- Utilize strong quantitative and analytical skills Influence at multiple levels of the organization and drive prioritization of HR initiatives
- Utilize strong organizational and time management skills
- Strategically plan and execute programs and projects Demonstrate resourcefulness, take initiative and think outside the box to develop custom solutions
-Demonstrate experience with complex and rapidly changing work environments
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82740