Clinical Research Coordinator-RN
Working Title: Clinical Research Coordinator-RN
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Center for Diabetes Technology
Posting Date: 09-18-2017
The University of Virginia's Center for Diabetes Technology, is seeking a Clinical Research Coordinator, Intermediate, Licensed. This position coordinates and implements clinical trial research studies in the Center for Diabetes Technology. The incumbent collaborates with Principal Investigators, nurse research coordinators, and other clinical team members on clinical trials; collects and analyzes clinical research data; prepares appropriate study documentation; and ensures compliance with protocol guidelines and requirements of regulatory agencies. Incumbent is responsible for maintaining quality management of the trial portfolio.
Qualified applicants must have an Associate's degree or higher, hold a current Virginia RN license, and have a minimum of four years of clinical research or nursing experience. A related graduated degree may substitute for two years of experience. Clinical Research Coordinator (CCRC) or Clinical Research Associate (CCRA) certification is preferred.
Qualified applicants must possess excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally, as well as have the ability to plan and execute tasks; the ability to clearly articulate specific information in the area of subject matter expertise; the ability to recruit and screen potential research participants; the ability to work independently and as part of a team and have the ability to keep detailed records and manage and analyze confidential data. Basic knowledge of sponsored clinical trials; proficient knowledge of medical terminology; and knowledge of IRB procedures and submission processes along with federal regulations are required. Should be comfortable with using technology; Knowledge of Type I Diabetes Mellitus patients; knowledge of UVa financial policies and procedures; and knowledge of database development are preferred.
This position is restricted and contingent upon the continuation of funding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
2. Ability to independently plan and execute tasks.
3. Knowledge of sponsored trials and proficient knowledge of medical terminology.
4. Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally.
5. Ability to clearly articulate specific information in area of subject matter expertise.
6. Ability to recruit and screen potential research participants.
7. Strong focus on teamwork, attention to detail, excellent organizational and planning skills. Must have ability to prioritize, excellent communication skills, and ability to work in a multi-task environment.
8. Ability to keep detailed records and manage and analyze confidential data.
9. Knowledge of IRB procedures and submission processes along with federal regulations.
10. Ability to perform medical assessments, including EKG, vitals, blood draw on study participants.
11. Comfort with using technology.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82784