Data Analyst, Epilepsy Program
Working Title: Data Analyst, Epilepsy Program
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Department of Neurology
Posting Date: 07-17-2017
The Department of Neurology at the University of Virginia is actively seeking a Data Analyst to support the Department of Neurology Epilepsy Program. This position will ensure that data standards are developed and maintained. The incumbent will ensure high quality data is collected for analysis and continually verify integrity of data; perform analysis of information and identify, interpret and report the trends or patterns found in data sets; and synthesize data analysis by creating graphs, reports, and presentations of results. Incumbent may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor's degree and experience with coordination and analysis of complex data using various databases. Experience gained as a student will be considered. A Master's degree or PhD with clinical data in medical research experience is preferred.
Incumbent must be proficient in computer applications, have a working knowledge of various databases and software programs, and have a strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically MS Access and Excel.
This position is restricted and is contingent upon the continuation of funding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to evaluate and apply information and provide advice.
2. Working knowledge of data management. Ability to analyze and present information.
3. Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication in daily interactions. Ability to clearly articulate specific information.
4. Ability to work independently or as part of a team. Provide direct support to leaders, as needed. Complete tasks without immediate supervision.
5. Grasp the University's educational mission, strategic aims, and programs.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82239