Camera Control Operator
Working Title: Camera Control Operator
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: University of Virginia Police Department
Posting Date: 10-06-2017
The University of Virginia Police Department is looking to fill the position of Camera Control Operator. The purpose of this position is to provide surveillance support and information for police, security and other emergency responders for criminal and/or other emergency incidents. This position will be expected to independently observe feeds (both permanent and temporary) from approximately 450 cameras and identify criminal incidents, suspicious activities, and determine the need for emergency responses. This position will also direct cameras to locations associated with police or emergency responses as identified from radio transmissions. This position will provide information that will contribute to officer safety, identify criminals, and reduce property losses. The position may be required to testify in court situations.
*Please Note* A complete University application is required. Any incomplete applications received will not be considered for employment.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to understand and follow specific oral and written instructions and procedures.
2. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
3. Ability to react appropriately in routine and emergency situations.
4. Ability to use equipment required in the conduct of duty.
5. Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
6. Ability to understand and follow safety procedures.
7. Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
8. Skill to use assigned equipment required in the conduct of duty.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82940