Clinical Research Coordinator Senior, Non-Licensed
Working Title: Clinical Research Coordinator Senior, Non-Licensed
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Cancer Center
Posting Date: 08-25-2017
The Cancer Center seeks a Clinical Research Senior, Non-Licensed for the Office of Clinical Research (OCR). This position leads a team of Clinical Research Coordinators within the Clinical Research Operations division of the Office of Clinical Research in the UVa Cancer Center. This position provides assistance and guidance to Clinical Research Coordinators to maximize enrollment, ensure subject safety, maintain exemplary conduct and generate accurate, complete and substantiated data. The incumbent is responsible for the overall performance of multiple simultaneous clinical trials, which involves the management of multiple relationships with individuals outside of the team, including Principal Investigators, staff and faculty from Medical School Departments, industry sponsors and other Cancer Center staff. Responsibilities also includes managing multiple budgets, and ensuring full compliance with local, state and federal policies, procedures and regulations as well as sponsor requirements.
This position is restricted and contingent upon continuation of funding.
Qualified candidate must have a Bachelor's Degree. A minimum of six years of clinical research experience is required. Related graduate degree may substitute for three years of experience.
Clinical Research Coordinator (CCRC) and/or Clinical Research Associate (CCRA) is required. Master's degree in a related field with significant related work experience may substitute for the certification requirement, with certification required within one year of certification-eligibility. Oncology knowledge as it relates to clinical trials, knowledge of UVa Financial Policies and Procedures, and working knowledge of clinical trial protocols is preferred. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is required. Familiarity with UVa scheduling and electronic medical records systems as well as UVA [email protected] Performance Evaluation system is preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to interact with patients, families, physicians, and ancillary personnel, as well as research committees and outside sponsor personnel.
2. Proven ability to prioritize daily tasks in order to maintain efficiency.
3. Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally.
4. Ability to interact with colleagues in a professional and positive manner with ability to lead, train, and functionally supervise.
5. Ability to work independently, using exceptional organizational skills and paying attention to detail.
6. Knowledge of IRB procedures and submission processes along with federal regulations.
7. Proficient knowledge of medical terminology.
8. Ability to train and mentor others.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82613