People Data Governance & Standards Lead
Working Title: People Data Governance & Standards Lead
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Chief Human Resources Office
Posting Date: 11-17-2017
The University of Virginia is seeking a People Data Governance & Standards Lead. This vital role is designed to provide best in class data governance and standards to support the University of Virginia and University Human Resources; responsible for establishing and documenting consistent data standards across active and historical HR data sets and creating advanced reporting capabilities through enhanced metadata and data mapping activities. This role will take a key leadership role in designing the pan-University HR data strategy and governance protocols for People Data and Workday.
The incumbent will report to the Director, HR People Data and Technology and will not have direct reports. However, this role is considered the lead role spanning the technology and analytics teams and creating a connection between the application (inputs) and analytical (outputs) domain.
For a comprehensive list of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position visit https://ufirst.virginia.edu/people-data-governance-standards-lead.
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, or related field. At least five years of experience in data management.
This is a critical moment in the University's Human Resources evolution. The University has embarked on a series of ambitious changes for Human Resources that will play out over the next few years and have impact in the coming decade. To learn more about this transformation as well as the competencies expected of all future HR professionals, please visit https://ufirst.virginia.edu/.
Apply online at jobs.virginia.edu and search for posting #0622194.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Thorough knowledge of SQL and relational databases, including data architecture principles.
2. Articulates complex concepts to various audiences and modifies delivery based on audience need.
3. Provides thought leadership and domain expertise in the area of data quality and conversion support
4. Creates timely, practical, and tangible solutions with limited supervision, and prioritizes and responds with a sense of urgency to immediate needs, especially during times of uncertainty.
5. Works with HR systems and business analysis technology.
6. Facilitates interactions across disciplines in a manner that makes disparate topics understandable to all parties.
7. Adapts to new ideas and situations of ambiguity and integrates relevant information to achieve results.
8. Uses excellent management skills to plan effectively and maximize results to meet both short and long range goals and objectives.
9. Demonstrates ability to collaborate with and influence colleagues across Grounds
10. Demonstrates strong and innovative problem solving and analytical skills to frame recommendations to leadership and thoughtfully and tactfully navigate barriers to progress.
11. Embraces entrepreneurial spirit and challenge the status quo through recognizing and capitalizing on opportunities to improve the organization.
12. Demonstrates high attention to detail with innate need to investigate complex issues and thoroughly test solutions.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=83328