Grants and Contracts Administrator
Working Title: Grants and Contracts Administrator
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Department of Pathology
Posting Date: 11-21-2017
The Department of Pathology at the University of Virginia is seeking a Grants and Contracts Administrator. This position supports the Department in pre and post award grant coordination, research operation support, clinical research support, and grant financial reconciliation. This position also serves as a research support to our principal investigators to provide best practices, training, and compliance oversight.
Qualified applicants must have a Bachelors degree or equivalent and at least three years' experience in direct research support and should have knowledge of sponsored programs compliance. Experience in pre and post award coordination and reconciliation is preferred. Experience in finance, procurement, and/or grants modules of Oracle is also preferred.
This is a restricted position and is contingent on the continuation of funding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to interact effectively with colleagues within and outside the Department.
2. Ability to work with a high degree of independence and self-motivation.
3. Knowledge of financial best practices.
4. Proven ability to manage grants.
5. Ability to solve moderately complex accounting and reconciliation issues.
6. Ability to oversee grant proposals and financial transactions.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=83349