Curry Communications Director
Working Title: Curry Communications Director
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Curry School of Education
Posting Date: 12-01-2017
The Curry School of Education seeks a new Communications Director. The Communications Director is responsible for developing, implementing, and updating all aspects of the communications and marketing plan for the Curry School of Education. The incumbent leads the communications team to ensure that the Curry School's communications are current, accurate, and highlight appropriate strengths and vision, including the media relations, digital communications, reputation-building publications, and student recruitment.
A Bachelor's degree is required. Seven years of communications experience is required. At least 2 years of supervisory experience is essential. The proven ability to oversee preparation, production, and distribution of information and marketing materials is essential. The ability to maintain contacts and interact with media, community members and University Leadership is required. Strong quantitative analysis skills and the ability to manipulate data, analyze trends and make projections is essential. Experience with accessing and analyzing market reports and other data is expected. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a diverse group of people is essential. Proven ability to create and implement a plan, assess its success and revise as necessary is required. Knowledge of all Microsoft Office Products is essential. Preference will be given to applicants with a Master's Degree in business, marketing, communications or English. Knowledge of student record systems or student information systems is preferred.
To apply, visit http://jobs.virginia.edu and search on Posting Number #0622259, complete the application and attach a cover letter, a resume/CV. This position is open until filled.
For questions about this position or the application process please contact Rhiannon O'Coin at email@example.com.
The Curry School of Education and the University of Virginia are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. We seek to build a culturally diverse intellectual environment and welcome applications from women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to maintain contacts and interact with media, community members, staff, and University leadership.
- Ability to oversee preparation, production, and distribution of information and marketing materials.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills.
- Ability to manipulate data, analyze trends and make projections.
- Ability to analyze market reports and to access, download, and interpret data in service to school mission.
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment with a diverse group of people.
- Proven ability to create and implement a plan, assess its success and revise as necessary.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=83399