Working Title: Finance Manager
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Department of Radiology
Posting Date: 12-15-2017
The Department of Radiology & Medical Imaging at the University of Virginia is seeking a full-time Finance Manager.
The candidate for the Finance Manager will provide oversight and leadership for a team of professionals engaged in a variety of finance and accounting activities. The incumbent will be responsible for: oversight of the processing and reconcilement of all Department payments and accounts, the compilation, review and analysis of financial statements, providing budget assistance, performing fund analyses, providing oversight for contracts and deposits, and conducting ad hoc analyses.
The successful candidate for the Finance Manager will provide overall management and direction to the team to ensure that it operates efficiently and effectively, and adheres to mandated compliance guidelines, as well as University standards and requirements.
Qualified applicants must have a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration/Management, Finance, Accounting or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A minimum of seven years of fiscal management experience is required. In lieu of degree, an additional 8 years of experience is required for a total of 15 years.
In addition, candidates must have at least seven years of progressively responsible experience in finance, accounting, or business administration/management. At least two years of supervisory and/or staff management experience in leading teams of two or more individuals is also required.
Qualified candidates must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint). They must also possess advanced skills using Excel along with a knowledge of Oracle or similar financial database systems.
Preferred qualifications include a Master's Degree with an emphasis in finance, accounting, or business administration. Experience in a healthcare related setting, and knowledge of policies and procedures in a state-funded higher education system are also preferred, as well as a proficiency in Oracle Financial Systems, UBI, Clarity and Vivid applications.
This position is restricted and contingent upon the continuation of funding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to plan complex financial information and provide specialized advice. Deep knowledge of and ability to align financial operations, reporting and analysis with University, state, and federal policies and regulations.
2. Ability to collect, analyze, and interpret complex financial information; provide specialized advice, and present to University leaders.
3. Ability to advise teams. Demonstrate experience building, leading, motivating, and assessing small professional teams.
4. Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication in daily interactions. Proven ability to clearly articulate specific information, team mission, vision, and goals. Actively participate in on-going dialog, and serve on appropriate University committees.
5. Strong knowledge of and ability to access University systems. Ability to advise team on implementation and modification processes and technology changes relative to the financial reporting and analysis function.
6. Thorough understanding of GAAP. Ability to synthesize complex financial information and provide specialized accounting consultation. Ability to align accounting practices with University, state, and federal policies and regulations.
7. Deep knowledge of the finance and accounting functions. Mastery of program information, including department budget preparation, gift accounting, and grant administration.
8. Ability to advise team in best practices. Actively participates in institutional financial initiatives and serves on appropriate University committees.
9. Ability to advise team on implementing new processes and technology, as they relate to changing financial models. Ability to collect, analyze, and interpret information for senior University leaders. Ability to oversee team training and access University systems.
10. Exemplify the University's educational mission, strategic aims, and programs.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=83503