Working Title: Research Specialist
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Department of Radiology
Posting Date: 12-18-2017
The Neuroradiology and Research Divisions of the Department of Radiology & Medical Imaging at the University of Virginia seeks a Research Specialist. The incumbent provides support in the development, design, and implementation of research projects, such as implementation of large-scale studies in the computational grid environment that enable proficiency with image analysis software tools. The incumbent also works with and may train research staff on software and equipment.
Qualified applicants must hold a Bachelor's degree in computer science, biomedical engineering, electrical engineering, or another related scientific field. A Bachelor's degree in biology, neuroscience, chemistry, physics, or another related scientific field may be considered with the appropriate computer science, medical imaging, or image analysis experience.
This position is restricted and contingent upon continued grant funding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to follow set policies and procedures and independently research topics.
2. Ability to train users and/or supervise students in equipment operations and research techniques.
3. Ability to explain and demonstrate technology.
4. Demonstrated thoughtful and appropriate oral and written communication in daily interactions.
5. Ability to prepare reports.
6. Basic knowledge of the University's educational mission, strategic aims, and programs.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=83021