Working Title: Accountant
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Department of Radiology
Posting Date: 12-19-2017
The Department of Radiology and Medical Imaging at the University of Virginia is seeking a full-time Finance Generalist (Accountant).
The successful candidate will perform a variety of professional level financial and accounting work, and will apply generally accepted accounting principles and procedures in working with specialized accounting records and reports. The incumbent will assemble and analyze data and transactions, ensure accurate financial analysis of financial statements, and prepare statements and reports. The incumbent will also manage and reconcile funds, reconcile records for labor audits, and reconcile departmental labor suspense accounts.
In addition, the incumbent will be responsible for performing a variety of administrative, technical, and analytical responsibilities to ensure the efficient and timely operation of payroll related functions. The incumbent will review audit reports, manage and process retroactive and special/call payments and adjustments, and serve as a liaison for employees to communicate payroll issues.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience. At least two years of related experience is required.
This is a restricted position and contingent upon the continuation of funding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, as well as University, state, and federal financial policies and guidelines. Ability to conduct activities and make decisions according to ethical standards.
2. Working knowledge of the accounting discipline. Ability to manage, analyze and reconcile funds and accounts and to present information.
3. Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication in daily interactions. Ability to clearly articulate and present accounting and financial information. Demonstrated excellent customer service skills.
4. Considerable knowledge of payroll practices. Ability to synthesize information, provide advice, and address needs independently for issues related to established payroll policies and procedures..
5. Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Work with senior leaders to accomplish goals.
6. Proficient in computer applications, working knowledge of accounting/payroll database and software programs.
7. Grasp the University's educational mission, strategic aims, and programs
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=83533