Clinical Research Coordinator
Working Title: Clinical Research Coordinator
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Department of Pediatrics
Posting Date: 01-25-2018
The Department of Pediatrics, Division of Neonatology at the University of Virginia is currently seeking a highly motivated individual to serve as a Clinical Research Coordinator to support the clinical research studies in the Division of Neonatology. This position is open to either full-time or part-time applicants.
The position will involve managing or assisting with multiple clinical trials in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit including studies involving prediction and prevention of infection, novel respiratory therapies, improving outcomes of infants with brain injury, and studies of neonatal resuscitation and breast milk feeding. The position will involve submitting and managing IRB protocols, data collection and entry, and interacting with patients, families, and healthcare providers.
The successful candidate is required to have a Bachelor's degree or higher and one year of clinical research experience. Good written and verbal communication skills are required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to interact with patients, family, physicians and ancillary personnel, as well as research committees.
2. Sophisticated written/verbal communication skills; competency managing complex projects.
3. Meticulous attention to detail.
4. Advanced knowledge of University, state, and federal policies and regulations. Ability to conduct activities and make decisions according to ethical standards.
5. Advanced knowledge of clinical research, human subjects research ethics, and IRB procedures. Demonstrate knowledge of a specific area of subject matter expertise. Proficient knowledge of medical terminology and medical records.
6. Proven ability to work independently or as part of a team. Work with senior leaders to accomplish goals. Ability to lead, train, and functionally supervise. Ability to mentor junior professionals.
7. Understand and articulate the University's educational mission, strategic aims, and programs.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=83717