Working Title: Assignments Coordinator
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Housing Division
Posting Date: 01-26-2018
Housing and Residence Life (HRL) is currently seeking an Assignments Coordinator.
Assignments Coordinator(s) are responsible for performing the day-to-day activities related to assigning undergraduate and graduate students, faculty and staff to on-Grounds HRL spaces, as well as providing customer service and support to residents and their families as they make housing decisions.
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Assignments, Assignment Coordinators collaborate with other staff in the department to execute the housing application and contracting processes using StarRez housing management software. These processes are in a high-volume setting involving approximately 8,500 applications for 7,000 bed spaces located across 20 residential areas on Grounds.
Responsibilities will encompass a range of administrative activities, including making housing offers and assignments, ensuring residents are billed correctly for housing, managing move-in and move-out processes, providing customer service in person and via phone and email, updating records, and preparing reports.
The University of Virginia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
High level of attention to detail and accuracy. Must be able to think systematically about complex assignment processes.
* Ability to learn new systems and processes quickly, and to respond to changing priorities while working in a dynamic environment.
* Ability to follow established procedures and adhere to policies, rules and guidelines.
* Ability to articulate policy and processes clearly and diplomatically.
* Ability to independently solve problems and organize daily tasks to meet deadlines.
* Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
* Proven excellent customer service skills with a diverse and large customer base and the ability to respond with tact and compassion to oral and written customer complaints and concerns.
* Ability to interact with University administrators, government officials, students, staff, faculty, and parents with an understanding of protocol, political environment, security, and confidentiality.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=83734