Senior Performance Management Consultant
Working Title: Senior Performance Management Consultant
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Chief Human Resources Office
Posting Date: 01-31-2018
The University of Virginia is currently seeking a Senior Performance Management Consultant. The Senior Consultant is responsible for effective design of programs, policies, and efforts aligned to the broader vision and objectives of the University of Virginia. This position will also be responsible for developing educational programs and resources that support ongoing execution of successful performance dialogue.
Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to,
- Establish Performance Management strategic goals in alignment with Talent Management objectives - Oversee the development and refinement of performance management frameworks and processes
- In partnership with HR Leadership, HRBPs, and Talent Management leadership, conduct the following: (customizing as relevant for the different populations)
> Ensure standard processes, criteria, and definitions
> Bring leading practices to review and enhance performance management strategy and process
> Identify operational improvements on an on-going basis
- Design significant supporting resources and provides guidance for HRBPs, to include calibration discussions with leadership, ongoing coaching, and reinforcing UVA's overarching philosophy of ongoing Performance Management
- Partner with IMPACT to analyze trends; provide inputs to aid WFP analytics and strategy
- Partner with Learning & Development team to design educational programs for the ongoing performance management cycle for staff and leaders
- Primary focus will be on either the Academic / Administration Divisions or the Health System programs and initiatives, but with the flexibility to assist the other PM team as needed
Qualified applicants will have a Bachelor's degree and at least 4 years of relevant experience.
This is a critical moment in the University's Human Resources evolution. The University has embarked on a series of ambitious changes for Human Resources that will play out over the next few years and have impact in the coming decade. To learn more about this transformation as well as the competencies expected of all future HR professionals, please visit https://ufirst.virginia.edu/.
To apply, visit http://jobs.virginia.edu and search on Posting Number 0622579. Applicant review begins immediately.
The University of Virginia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We welcome applications from women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Display expert knowledge of HR functions and practices with a specific focus on Performance Management; synthesize information, provide advice, and address needs independently; demonstrate advanced knowledge of institution history and practices within this subject matter area
- Demonstrate an advanced knowledge of federal, state, local and University policies and regulations; conduct activities and make decisions according to ethical standards; analyze and present information and maintain accurate and detailed records
- Navigate University databases and systems and to collaborate with technology professionals
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication in daily interactions; clearly articulate specific information with a specific focus on Learning & Development; advise other professionals on policy and procedures
- Work independently and as part of a team; complete tasks without immediate supervision; work with senior leaders to accomplish goals; lead, train, and functionally supervise; mentor junior professionals
- Exemplify the University's educational mission, strategic aims, and programs
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=83767