Working Title: Clinical Librarian
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Claude Moore Health Sciences Library
Posting Date: 12-14-2017
Recruitment is now open for UVA Health Sciences Library's next clinical librarian. We are seeking a conscientious professional interested in developing next generation service models supporting clinical care at the UVA Health System. Our clinical librarian will work closely with clinical teams and library colleagues to provide user-focused services that support evidence-based practice. Progressive minded thinking and awareness of the information technologies affecting modern day medicine is a critical component of this position. The clinical librarian will also assist the Medical Education Librarian in providing superior educational services to undergraduate and graduate medical education.
The librarian will:
- Provide professional information services to the clinician community which includes physicians, nurses, and allied health professionals.
- Includes services supporting evidence-based practice, knowledge management, and advocacy of relevant information technologies.
- Maintains awareness of emerging information technology trends in health care and awareness of their potential impact on health care.
- An active participant in the design and implementation of innovative library services.
- Works closely with the Medical Education Librarian to development and implement library services supporting undergraduate and graduate medical education.
The University of Virginia is an internationally renowned research and teaching institution ranking 3rd nationally among public universities according to US News Best Colleges. The University of Virginia School of Medicine has received the 2017 Health Professions Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award for the sixth year in a row. This national honor recognizes U.S. medical, dental, pharmacy, osteopathic, nursing, and allied health schools that demonstrate an outstanding commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Charlottesville, located on the edge of the Blue Ridge Mountains, is consistently recognized for its quality of life. Surrounded by rolling hills dotted with historic sites, Charlottesville offers abundant access to vineyards, breweries, hiking trails, and picturesque cycling routes. Charlottesville has a strong local restaurant scene and is a culinary destination for any foodie. Recent accolades include One of America's Best Small Cities for Foodies (Travelocity), and #5 ranking of the Top 100 Best Places to Live by Livability.com. The Claude Moore Health Sciences Library is a fast paced collaborative environment that broadly defines its role in serving health sciences faculty, staff, and students though its innovative services and spaces.
ALA-accredited masters degree in library or information science, or advanced degree in health sciences or related field. New graduates are encouraged to apply.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong service orientation and public service skills.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience with the provision of information services.
- Competence in providing instruction.
- Knowledge of an academic health sciences research environment.
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to work independently and on teams.
Applicants should complete a staff application through the [email protected] website and provide a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and contact information for three references. The position will remain open to applications until filled; applications received before January 19, 2018 will receive priority.
This position is restricted and contingent upon the continuation of funding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Strong service orientation and public service skills.
2. Excellent written and oral communication skills and demonstrated ability to provide public service.
3. Competence in providing instruction, both formal and informal, to different audiences and skill levels.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=83486