Clinical Research Coordinator
Working Title: Clinical Research Coordinator
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Department of Medicine, Infectious Diseases
Posting Date: 01-26-2018
The Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, is seeking candidates for the position of Clinical Research Coordinator, Non-Licensed. The position works with the Principal Investigator (PI) and other key personnel by coordinating patient services, managing data, assisting with researching, preparing presentations, and maintaining and ordering laboratory supplies. The position will be recruiting clients and trains them on how to utilize resources; scheduling and conducting follow-up visits; monitoring the participants' text responses and community site; and troubleshooting phone and other client issues.
The position collects, records and verifies data; reviews results and procedures for accuracy and efficiency; performs statistical analysis and assists in developing procedures; collaborates with PI on all matters; maintains and orders new supplies as needed; implements or updates processes as needed; assists PI in preparation of presentations both at the University and at regional or national meetings; composes segments of reports to present to PI; conducts literature searches and identifies and helps to institute new methodologies.
Qualified applicants must have a Bachelor's degree with at least one year of public health or nursing experience; more than two years of experience is strongly desired. A Master's Degree is preferred. Ability to work accurately with attention to detail and to identify and resolve problems while working with a diverse community of people is required. The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal, written and organizational communication skills. The ability to maintain confidentiality is a must. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) is required.
This position is restricted and contingent upon continued funding.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to identify and resolve problems.
2. Ability to work accurately and with attention to detail.
3. Proficient keyboarding skills.
4. Ability to sort and compile data.
5. Ability to learn new information under the supervision of others.
6. Ability to work with a diverse community of people.
7. Ability to relate to people in a wide variety of professional levels.
8. Strong organizational skills.
9. Excellent interpersonal, written, and communication skills.
10. Ability to work in a detail-oriented manner using excellent analytical skills.
11. Demonstrated ability to learn the organization, policies and procedures associated with clinical research.
12. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
13. Knowledge of federal and state policies and procedures governing clinical research.
14. Skills in coordinating and prioritizing multiple complex activities and time-limited tasks.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=83731