First Aider - Camps
Working Title: First Aider - Camps
Position Type: Hourly Wage
Department: Department of Athletics
Posting Date: 02-01-2018
The University of Virginia is a highly competitive Division I program committed to academic and athletic excellence. The Department of Athletics at the University of Virginia is now accepting applications to fill multiple First Aider positions to support various sports camps.
First Aiders provide First Aid and CPR services for UVA Sports Camps during the summer and occasionally the academic year.
Job responsibilities include:
- Providing first aid to campers of all ages attending UVA sports camps with supervision of a Certified Athletic Trainer
- Activate Emergency Action Plan for all emergencies within the camp setting
- Documentation of all injuries to campers
- Communication with Certified Athletic Trainer, Director of Sports Medicine, and coaches regarding all injuries and missed sessions for campers
- Collecting and maintaining registration documents through the duration of camp
- Providing water and ice to camps not included in the Gatorade Summer Camp Sports Program
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Sports Medicine
In your applicant materials, please attach copies of all First Aid certifications (First Aid, CPR, AED).
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=83750