Clinical Research Coordinator Trainee
Working Title: Clinical Research Coordinator Trainee
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Cancer Center
Posting Date: 02-01-2018
The Cancer Center is seeking a Clinical Research Trainee. This position assists in the coordination and management of clinical trials. Incumbent trains with other clinical research staff with respect to the details of all assignments, which may include all or parts of regulatory controls, study procedures, financial responsibility and records management, data management, and protocol compliance and development.
Specifically after training, the trainee must demonstrate a basic understanding of the clinical research process and the regulations, both federal and local, governing the conduct of clinical research. The trainee will be non-licensed or licensed and after one year of employment must be evaluated based on criteria included in the offer letter for possible promotion to the next level.
Qualified applicants must have Bachelor's degree for non-licensed trainees. Associate's degree or higher required when accompanied by RN licensure for licensed trainees. All degrees and licensures must be received prior to start date. Candidate must have strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
This position is restricted and contingent upon the continuation of funding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Excellent written, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills.
2. Ability to identify and resolve problems.
3. Ability to work accurately with attention to detail.
4. Proficient keyboarding skills.
5. Ability to sort and compile data.
6. Ability to learn new information under supervision of others.
7. Ability to use the internet to conduct research.
8. Customer service skills.
9. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
10. Ability to work with a diverse community of people.
11. Ability to relate to people in a wide variety of professional levels.
12. Strong organizational skills.
13. Ability to perform work in a detail-oriented manner with excellent analytical skills.
14. Demonstrated ability to learn the organization, policies, and procedures associated with clinical research.
15. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=83790