HR Analyst, IMPACT & Decision Support
Working Title: HR Analyst, IMPACT & Decision Support
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Chief Human Resources Office
Posting Date: 02-02-2018
University of Virginia Human Resources is currently seeking an HR Analyst, IMPACT & Decision Support. This role provides support for HR programs, policies, data, technology, finance, and business operations. The HR Analyst is responsible for assisting with a variety of key activities within IMPACT including project management, data and analytics, compensation, and decision support (finance, budget and business operations). The HR Analyst will exhibit a level of independence and autonomy in the majority of their work.
Additional duties include-
- Manage projects and governance
- Identify and help manage potential HR issues and risks
- Solve complex challenges using a practical/business-driven approach
- Perform ad hoc analysis, calculations and design reports
- Research leading practices, apply HR knowledge and synthesize relevant data to support key activities, deliverables and decisions
- Support key activities related to HR initiatives through the implementation life cycle
Qualified applicants will have a Bachelor's degree and at least two years of relevant experience.
This is a critical moment in the University's Human Resources evolution. The University has embarked on a series of ambitious changes for Human Resources that will play out over the next few years and have impact in the coming decade. To learn more about this transformation as well as the competencies expected of all future HR professionals, please visit https://ufirst.virginia.edu/.
To apply, visit http://jobs.virginia.edu and search on Posting Number 0622610. Applicant review begins immediately.
The University of Virginia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We welcome applications from women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Apply lean and leading practice concepts to current HR and University activities
- Ability to work in higher education demonstrated by relevant course work, interest, or industry experience
- Learn and work independently with minimal supervision, demonstrating integrity, maturity, dependability, and a positive attitude
-Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills
-Use effective organization and time management skills and work under pressure to adhere to project deadlines
-Take full responsibility for tasks including consistently reviewing own work to identify and improve an approach for producing high quality work products
- Uphold integrity within a professional environment
- Perform quantitative and analytical analysis and reports
- Organize complicated tasks, prioritize work, and manage time against deadlines
- Present via written and oral communication, making and delivering presentations
- Familiarity with financial terms and practices.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=83803