Medical Education Assistant
Working Title: Medical Education Assistant
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Department of Pediatrics
Posting Date: 02-05-2018
The Department of Pediatrics is seeking an intermediate administrative assistant to assist the department with educational work. The position will provide assistance to the day-to-day management of educational and departmental activities, specifically in the areas of residency and fellowship programs, faculty Continuing Medical Education, Promotion and Tenure, department conferences, and other areas. The incumbent is responsible for creating, maintaining, and communicating complex clinical rotation and on-call schedules for fellows. Some weekend, and earlier morning work is required for the department annual Birdsong conference and weekly Grand Rounds.
A high school diploma or equivalent is required as well as two years of administrative experience. A Bachelor's degree may substitute for experience. Excellent verbal and written communication is required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication in daily interactions.
2. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
3. Ability to conduct activities and make decisions according to ethical standards.
4. Ability to work independently or as part of a team and to work with senior leaders to accomplish goals.
5. Ability to oversee the implementation and modification of technological components.
6. Ability to understand and articulate the University's educational mission, strategic aims, and programs.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=83810