A&S Post Award Grant Administrator
Working Title: A&S Post Award Grant Administrator
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Dean's Office, Arts and Sciences
Posting Date: 02-09-2018
The College and Graduate School of Arts & Sciences (A&S) is seeking a Post Award Grant Administrator. As a newly created role, the Post Award Grant Administrator will be joining a growing team of Grant Administration professionals to drive the research mission of the College. With the University of Virginia strategically investing and enhancing its research portfolio with the goal of doubling the sponsored programs base, the College is anticipating growth in grant proposal activity, as a result additional grant administration talent is vital to support this growth. In collaboration with a wide variety of stakeholders, the Post Award Grant Administrator will provide advice, guidance and expertise to effectively and appropriately manage grant funds. Managing grant funds includes, but not limited to, collaborating with a wide variety of stakeholders on reporting, budgeting, and appropriateness of grant expenditures.
The College and Graduate School of Arts & Sciences is the largest of the University of Virginia's eleven schools, offering more than 50 undergraduate majors and concentrations and more than two dozen graduate programs, The College spans the liberal arts, incorporating the social sciences, arts, humanities and sciences. The College and Graduate School of Arts & Sciences has an enrollment of over 12,000 students and nearly 750 faculty members.
- Coordinate with UVA's Office of Sponsored Programs, A&S pre award personnel, and Financial Administration to ensure grant funds are expended and reported as required.
- Generate reports, analyze data, and make recommendations to resolve issues related to grant activities.
- Provide training and assist faculty and department staff with UVA effort reporting and grant reconciliation systems.
- Manage and analyze award data, and respond to any and all requests from sponsor.
- Work closely with faculty and department staff on cost share reports, compiling documentation necessary to support those reports; coordinate with UVA's Office of Sponsored Programs on including cost share reports in required financial reports prepared for the sponsor.
- Review award notices from OSP for accuracy with submitted budget and expectations on a case-by-case basis.
- Track grant end dates utilizing Research UVA, and advise Principal Investigators and department personnel of steps necessary to prepare for closing grants.
How to Apply:
For more information about this opportunity and how to apply, please visit http://executivesearch.virginia.edu/search/pre-award-post-award-grant-administrators. The position will remain opened until filled and the search will be carried out with full confidentiality; candidates will be notified before references are contacted. For further information or to provide nominations, please contact Tegan Wild by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Strong organization and attention to detail required; ability to accurately maintain files and records.
Excellent written and verbal communications skills; ability to convey complex technical information to a generalist audience.
Knowledge of Federal Uniform Guidance and other sponsored research subject matter is required.
Knowledge of the post-award processes of research administration and an understanding of financial management is required.
Ability to generate reports, analyze data, and make recommendations to resolve issues.
Ability to work independently to support assigned areas and grants, and collaboratively to support team members. Demonstrated ability to be flexible and amenable to changing priorities and assignments.
Demonstrated ability to interact with all members of the University community in a respectful and patient manner.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=83852