HR Specialist, Leave
Working Title: HR Specialist, Leave
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Chief Human Resources Office
Posting Date: 02-12-2018
University of Virginia Human Resources is currently seeking an HR Specialist, Leave to provide best in class HR Solution Center leave administration and counseling services to support the University of Virginia. This Specialist-level position is responsible for offering counseling services to faculty, staff and team members regarding leave-related questions and concerns, including short and long term disability, FMLA, and medical leave. The HR Specialist, Leave will also process the organization's most complex leave-related transactions. This position delivers high quality and efficient service to each customer and ensures customer satisfaction.
Additional duties include:
- Act as a subject matter expert for all leave of absence programs
- Support administrators, managers, faculty, staff and team members under direction of HR Manager, Benefits, Leave, and Payroll
- Resolve escalated leave of absence inquiries and document in Salesforce
- Draft and edit knowledge base articles
- Provide feedback to HR Manager, BL&P for ongoing process improvement and knowledge base development
Qualified applicants will have a Bachelor's degree and at least three years of relevant experience.
This is a critical moment in the University's Human Resources evolution. The University has embarked on a series of ambitious changes for Human Resources that will play out over the next few years and have impact in the coming decade. To learn more about this transformation as well as the competencies expected of all future HR professionals, please visit https://ufirst.virginia.edu/.
To apply, visit http://jobs.virginia.edu and search for Posting #0622656. Applicant review begins immediately.
The University of Virginia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We welcome applications from women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Commit to best in class customer service experience for diverse faculty, staff, team members, managers and administrators
- Utilize strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Apply sound judgment and discretion with sensitive information
- Demonstrate facility with new technologies
- Possess specialized knowledge of FMLA and leave plan administration
- Possess a positive, team-oriented approach to service delivery
- Commit to continual process improvement
- Apply advanced critical thinking, logic and problem-solving abilities
- Utilize attention to detail
- Prioritize diverse tasks to meet customer needs
- Navigate, interpret and articulate complex policies and procedures
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=83858