Clinical Research Intermediate, Non-Licensed
Working Title: Clinical Research Intermediate, Non-Licensed
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Department of Medicine, Pulmonary and Critical Care
Posting Date: 02-22-2018
The Department of Medicine at the University of Virginia is currently seeking a Non-Licensed, Intermediate, Clinical Research Coordinator to provide clinical research support within the Pulmonary & Critical Care Division. Incumbents implement and coordinate the clinical trial research studies of Pulmonary & Critical Care physicians and work collaboratively with the Division's investigators and nurse coordinators to initiate, implement, orchestrate, and conduct clinical trials. The incumbents oversee collection and analysis of clinical research data, draft appropriate documentation to streamline processes, ensure compliance with protocol guidelines and requirements of sponsor agencies, and maintain quality management of the trial portfolio.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of two years of clinical research experience. Related graduate degree may substitute for two years of experience. Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) is required. A clinical degree (e.g. NP, PA) is preferred. Clinical Research Coordinator (CCRC), Clinical Research Associate (CCRA), and/or other professionally-recognized clinical research certification is preferred, and certification is required within one year of eligibility.
Candidates must have knowledge of IRB procedures and submission processes along with federal regulations of working with human subjects; knowledge of human subjects research ethics; knowledge of medical terminology associated with diseases/conditions under study and Good Clinical Practices for research. Candidates must excellent interpersonal, written, and communication skills; customer service skills; and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Position is restricted and contingent upon continued funding.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to work collaboratively as a team member or independently as appropriate.
2. Ability to travel nationwide.
3. Working knowledge of federal, state, local, and institutional regulations that govern clinical trials.
4. Ability to communicate successfully, both verbally and in writing, to a diverse population.
5. Strong organizational skills, timeliness, and attention to detail are a must.
6. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
7. Excellent communication skills with patients, physicians, and co-workers.
8. Working knowledge of HIPAA regulations.
9. Considerable knowledge of scientific principles and research methodology; proficient knowledge of medical terminology.
10. Knowledge of human subject research ethics.
11. Ability to assess and work with patients.
12. Working knowledge of data management tools with proficiency in use of spreadsheets and databases.
13. Ability to provide technical support for study programming and laptops.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=83958