Manager, Talent Support
Working Title: Manager, Talent Support
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: University Human Resources
Posting Date: 02-22-2018
The University of Virginia seeks an HR Manager, Talent Support. This position will oversee the talent-related transaction services and ensure best in-class customer service to support the University of Virginia. The successful incumbent will be able to navigate complex service delivery issues, apply knowledge of relevant compliance and practice requirements and remain committed to continual improvement and efficiency of the team. The incumbent will report to the Director, HR Solution Center and manage the Talent Support team.
This is a critical moment in the University's Human Resources evolution. The University has embarked on a series of ambitious changes for Human Resources that will play out over the next few years and have impact in the coming decade. To learn more about this transformation as well as the competencies expected to all future HR professionals, please visit https://ufirst.virginia.edu/.
University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Commit to best-in class customer service experience for diverse faculty, staff, team member and candidate population
* Articulate and navigate complex policies and procedures
* Possess specialized knowledge of Academic and Health System-specific pre-boarding and licensure needs
* Possess specialized knowledge of new hire and document management compliance needs
* Utilize strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
* Apply sound judgment and discretion with sensitive information
* Possess a positive, team-oriented approach to service delivery
* Understand the University population's needs
* Commit to continual process improvement
* Apply advanced critical thinking, logic, and problem-solving skills
* Possess knowledge of performance management best practices
* Prioritize diverse tasks to meet customer needs
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=83947