Service Desk Manager
Working Title: Service Desk Manager
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Claude Moore Health Sciences Library
Posting Date: 02-16-2018
The Claude Moore Health Sciences Library seeks a Service Desk Manager. The successful candidate will assist patrons in identifying and using appropriate library resources, including offering basic technology support. The incumbent's outstanding customer service will extend to library staff through the development and implementation of goals, objectives, and process improvements to enhance service delivery, including some supervisory and performance management duties.
The successful candidate must have a Bachelor's degree or 8 years of directly related professional experience. A minimum of two years of experience working in a public service area of a library, basic computer skills, and experience with library databases are also required.
This position is restricted and contingent upon the continuation of funding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
2. Ability to direct the work of others.
3. Ability to assess, organize, and resolve training needs and to explain complex technical procedures to staff and public with patience, thoroughness, and reinforcement.
4. Ability to quickly learn technical procedures using documentation, training, and customer service support and provide understandable interpretations of procedures and policies.
5. Excellence in customer service.
6. Ability to organize activities.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=83902