Working Title: Instructional Designer
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: University Human Resources
Posting Date: 02-20-2018
The University of Virginia is transforming the way Human Resources (HR) services are delivered to create a high-performing, efficient and integrated human resources service model to advance the University's mission (includes the Academic Division, Health System and University Physicians Group). This large-scale, complex HR transformation began in FY 2015 and will continue until full implementation expected in FY 2018.
As a key member on the Ufirst Change, Communications, and Training team the Instructional Designer position will deliver learning solutions and training resources across multiple audiences within University of Virginia to provide excellent HR training and instructional services. Specifically, the Instructional Designer will develop detailed training and performance support materials in multiple formats including detailed job aids, instructional videos, eLearning courses, and supporting resources for instructor-led classes, large-scale events, and online training.
This is a limited-term position with an anticipated end date of August 5, 2018.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Display a track-record in training design, development, and delivery as well as display a deep knowledge in software and new media design
- Coach others involved in training efforts; assess training needs and present information to University employees, faculty, and senior leaders
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication in daily interactions; clearly articulate complex material to a general audience
- Work independently and as part of a team; work with senior leaders to accomplish goals
- Display a strong understanding of adult learning theory and design
- Exemplify the University's educational mission, strategic aims, and programs
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=83933