Working Title: Communications Specialist
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: University Human Resources
Posting Date: 02-21-2018
UVa is currently seeking a Communications Specialist to support the University's Human Resources organization as part of the Ufirst Change Management/Communications Team. The Communications Specialist is a vital role designed to help with activities and messages specific to the technology implementation as part of the UVA HR Transformation Program. As part of the broader Ufirst HR Transformation project, this role reports to the Communications Lead, partners with the technology team and UVA HR to ensure understanding of the timelines for data migration and system access for the Academic and Health System communities and stakeholders.
This is a critical moment in the University's Human Resources evolution. The University has embarked on a series of ambitious changes for Human Resources that will play out over the next few years and have impact in the coming decade. To learn more about this transformation as well as the competencies expected to all future HR professionals, please visit https://ufirst.virginia.edu/.
This is a limited-term position with an anticipated end date of August 5, 2018.
University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to translate technical content into practical, comprehensible language and formats for a broad audience
- Experience building communication strategies and key messages
- Experience segmenting stakeholder groups and adjusting communications approach accordingly
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills in English
- Knowledge about writing for the web, social media trends, web usability, web design, and technology/business/industry trends
- Ability to define communication success measures, monitor the effectiveness of campaigns and adjust tactics for improved outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment that requires quick turnaround and quality output
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=83946