Adjunct - Paramedicine
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College's campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2018-002
Posting Start Date: 1/22/2018
Minimum Education: Associates
Additional Documentation: Transcripts Required (upload as other)
Compensation: $41.55 - $52.50 per hour
Adjunct - Paramedicine
Overview of position: Summary of position's responsibilities
An (title) is responsible for the:
1. Adjunct instructors are hired to instruct students in the clinical/laboratory/classroom setting and must be knowledgeable in their subject matter as well have training and experience
2. Based upon master syllabus, design & teach assigned class or clinic session(s), levering digital content and multimedia sources
3. Complete required reports on student progress; provide remediate to students as necessary
4. Assist in maintenance of the EMS patient care skills lab
5. Assist students in preparing for national certification exams
Employees in this classification receive supervision from Associate Dean, Health Professions.
- AAS Degree from an accredited institution in Paramedicine or related health professions discipline
- Current and active national certification and Maryland licensed paramedic
- Four years of experience providing direct patient care in emergency medical services
- MICRB [Maryland Instructor Certification Review Board] certification
- Bachelor's degree or higher in any discipline
- Knowledge of the national EMS education standards and content
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at 410.209.6055 or [email protected]
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.