Manager of Accounting
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College's campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2018-021
Posting Start Date: 2/15/2018
Minimum Education: Bachelors
Additional Documentation: Transcripts Required (upload as other)
Compensation: $68,681 - $77,346
Manager of Accounting
Overview of Position:
- Manages the operations and services of the Accounting Department
- Manages the monthly and statutory year-end closing including analysis of trial balances
- Maintains the integrity of the general ledger
- Maintains and updates the FAS and INTFOFAS table on the SOAR and CERTS systems
- Reviews and approves journal entries, mails in check transmittals, reconciliations
- Prepares the quarterly trial balances for WBJC, Bookstore, and assists in the College information
- Prepares financial analysis and supervise preparation of reports required for internal and external auditors, State regulators and governmental agencies and other interested parties
- Reviews and makes updates to the general ledger chart of accounts in R*STARS
- Verifies assets, revenue, expenditures, and fund balances, insuring all accounts and funds are appropriately analyzed and reconciled; research and correct discrepancies
- Assists in ensuring all financial activity is in compliance with GAAP, GASB, State and Federal Regulations and in compliance with College's policies and procedures
- Assists in the Corporate Purchasing Card (CPC) compliance
- Assists in the preparation of the College's Financial Statements
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field from an accredited college or University
- Minimum of six (6) years of progressive, relevant work experience in accounting operations management and finance that can be demonstrated to be applicable to the duties and responsibilities
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in directing, supervising, and coordinating the work of others
- Master's Degree in Business Administration of related field
- Professional Designation CPA
- Experience in an institution of Higher Education
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at 410.209.6055 or [email protected]
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.